Ben has an impressive drive and race history that includes racing against the likes of Lewis Hamilton, Kamui Kobayashi and Pastor Maldanado.
- 2002 British Formula Ford Champion
- 2003 BRDC McLaren Autosport Young Driver of the Year Finalist
- 2004 Signed to Toyota Formula 1 Team in their Young Driver Academy
- 2006 Australian Formula 3 Champion
- 2009 Spanish GT Champion
- Raced across the world throughout Europe, North America, Australia and Asia
- Raced against F1 drivers including Pastor Maldanado, Kamui Kobayashi and Lewis Hamilton
Hints and tips
I find Abbey (Turn 1) one of the most exhilarating and trickiest corners in the country. It is taken full throttle in a Formula 1 car at something like 180mph. In most things myself or the customers will drive it will either be a full lift off the throttle or more likely a slight brake. It is very easy to turn in too late here because of the huge tarmac run areas losing you that perception of speed. It is also hugely wide on the exit of Abbey allowing you to turn in earlier, to maximise the space you have on corner exit and giving you good speed to carry into turn 2 Farm.
I have many good memories from racing at Silverstone, from when I began my first step from racing Go Karts to racing cars at 16. Silverstone has always been a special place to race, as in my racing career it has always been the home of the British Grand Prix.