This summer’s Silverstone Classic is all set to be another record breaker with an action-packed programme of 24 races spanning eight decades of glorious motor sport history.
Already firmly established as the world’s biggest classic motor racing festival, the mouth-watering line-up for 2013’s extravaganza features all the hugely popular historic Formula One, sportscar, GT and touring car grids that produced such close racing last year plus some exciting new showdowns.
With race entries totalling more than 1000 starters and many grids fielding more than 55 cars, the massive event maximizes both National and Wing pit complexes.
Away from the racing, the Silverstone Classic is also a Mecca for car enthusiasts with 100+ motor clubs displaying more than 7000 classic cars. Notable highlights this summer include a special tribute to 100 years of legendary marque Aston Martin as well as a mega parade of 911 Porsche 911s to mark 50 years of Germany’s finest sportscar.
The evocative festival boasts an ‘access all areas’ policy with all tickets providing entry not only to both race paddocks, classic car displays and track side grandstands but also to live music concerts on both Friday and Saturday evenings. Pop legends The Hollies top the bill this year and are joined on stage by The Stars From The Commitments and several top tribute bands performing classic tracks from Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin and the Eagles.
Visit the official Silverstone Classic website for more information
- 24 races over the weekend
- Over 1000 entries rare and valuable race cars
- Around 7000 classic cars on display from 100 Car Clubs
- Live Music from top bands of the past and great tribute acts
- Celebratory Track Parades
- High class aerobatic displays and parachute free falls
- Auction of classic cars, bikes and automobilia
- Motorfair and Shopping Village
- Live demonstrations such as stunt bikes and street cars
Please note, entry to the Silverstone Classic is by advance ticket only.