Race Results – Indianapolis MotoGP
Race results from the Indianapolis MotoGP, round 11 of 18.
REVISED: James Ellison drops from 14th to 15th "for shortcuting the track".
Nicky Hayden did not start after being briefly knocked unconscious in an accident during qualifying, while Casey Stoner also crashed in qualifying, tearing ligaments in his ankle, but chose to start.
Hector Barbera was ruled out of competition after an accident in Friday practice and was replaced by Toni Elias for the remainder of the weekend.
CRT wild-cards Steve Rapp (Attack Performance) and Aaron Yates (GPTech) made their MotoGP race debut.
1. Dani Pedrosa ESP Repsol Honda (RC213V) 46m 39.631s
2. Jorge Lorenzo ESP Yamaha Factory Racing (YZR-M1) 46m 50.454s
3. Andrea Dovizioso ITA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 (YZR-M1) 46m 56.941s
4. Casey Stoner AUS Repsol Honda (RC213V) 46m 59.434s
5. Alvaro Bautista ESP San Carlo Honda Gresini (RC213V) 47m 02.187s
6. Stefan Bradl GER LCR Honda MotoGP (RC213V) 47m 09.703s
7. Valentino Rossi ITA Ducati Team (GP12) 47m 37.245s
8. Karel Abraham CZE Cardion AB Motoracing (GP12) 47m 48.073s
9. Yonny Hernandez COL Avintia Blusens (FTR-Kawasaki CRT) 47m 50.737s
10. Aleix Espargaro ESP Power Electronics Aspar (ART CRT) 47m 53.710s
11. Toni Elias ESP Pramac Racing (GP12) 48m 05.936s
12. Ivan Silva ESP Avintia Blusens (FTR-Kawasaki CRT) 48m 19.905s
13. Colin Edwards USA NGM Forward Racing (Suter-BMW CRT) +1 lap
14. Steve Rapp USA Attack Performance (APR-Kawasaki CRT) +1 lap
15. James Ellison GBR Paul Bird Motorsport (ART CRT) +1 lap
16. Aaron Yates USA GPTech (BCL-Suzuki CRT) +1 lap
Cal Crutchlow GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 (YZR-M1)
Randy De Puniet FRA Power Electronics Aspar (ART CRT)
Ben Spies USA Yamaha Factory Racing (YZR-M1)
Michele Pirro ITA San Carlo Honda Gresini (FTR-Honda CRT)
Danilo Petrucci ITA Came IodaRacing (Ioda-Aprilia CRT)
Mattia Pasini ITA Speed Master (ART CRT)
Nicky Hayden USA Ducati Team (GP12)