Redding stays top of Moto2 times
Scott Redding remains the man to beat in Moto2 testing at Jerez
Scott Redding continued to set the pace on the second day of testing in the Moto2 class on his MarcVDS Kalex machine at Jerez.
Redding seized the top spot from Spain's Pol Espargaro and Esteve Rabat, with his fastest lap just two-tenths-of-a-second adrift of the pole position time for the circuit this year.
Espargaro was a tenth of a second in arrears with Rabat a further three tenths off the pace set by the Gloucestershire prospect.
A battered and bruised Bradley Smith, still suffering the effects from his crash at Sepang, was in sixth position for Tech 3 behind Mika Kallio on the second Marc VDS Kalex machine.
Gino Rea on the Gresini Moriwaki was marginally slower than Smith and ahead of Alex De Angelis, with the 2011 125cc world champion, Nico Terol, finishing outside the top 10 in 11th place on the Aspar Suter, followed by team-mate Toni Elias.
Moto2 times (day two):
1. Scott Redding (MarcVDS Kalex) 1m42.9secs
2. Pol Espargaro (Pons Kalex) 1m43.0secs
3. Esteve Rabat (Pons Kalex) 1m43.3secs
4. Mika Kallio (MarcVDS Kalex) 1m43.5secs
5. Bradley Smith (Tech 3) 1m43.6secs
6. Gino Rea (Gresini Moriwaki) 1m43.8secs
7. Alex De Angelis (Forward Suter) 1m43.9secs
8. Yuki Takahashi( Forward Suter ) 1m44.2secs
9. Axel Pons (Pons Kalex) 1m44.7secs
10. Toni Elias (Aspar Suter) 1m44.7secs
11. Nico Terol (Aspar Suter) 1m44.9secs
12. Xavier Simeon (Tech 3) 1m45.0secs.