The FIM MotoGP™ World Championship returns to Silverstone on 15 – 17 June. Britain’s Cal Crutchlow, currently fourth in the standings, will go head-to-head with the best riders in the world, including World Champions Casey Stoner, Jorge Lorenzo and Valentino Rossi.
With spectacular on-track action guaranteed, Silverstone has developed a world class line-up of free off-track entertainment, including appearances of the MotoGP riders after Qualifying on ‘Super Saturday’. The riders will be interviewed at various intervals between approximately 17:00 and 19:00hrs on the Saturday evening on a purpose-built concert stage in the Luffield Complex area.
And the entertainment doesn’t stop there! The rider appearances will be topped and tailed with live music from bands including James Toseland’s ‘Crash’ and indie band 'Marner Brown’.
Additional entertainment planned for the Saturday of the British Grand Prix ranges from stunt shows and aerobatic displays, to interactive experiences that include off-road riding sessions and ‘first-time’ taster sessions.
Silverstone’s full line-up of ‘Super Saturday’ entertainment includes:
- Red Bull Matadors performing death-defying air displays in the skies over Silverstone
- Stunt and freestyle displays from Craig Jones; the Animal Bike Tour, featuring Trials Riders, Dirt Jumpers and Free Runners; and Motocross displays from the Broke FMX Display team
- Interactive taster sessions for fans of all ages, including Get On! Zone test rides for anyone considering learning to ride a scooter or motorcycle; the Mick Extance Trials Bike Experience, exploring off-road trails around Silverstone; Honda - My First Licence for 5 – 11 year olds; and Silverstone’s Rookie Ride Experience for teenagers aged 13 years and above to learn the basics of riding in a safe and controlled environment
- Plenty to keep adrenaline junkies entertained, including High Rope courses and Zip Wires for adults, through to Bungee Trampolines and fairground rides for kids
Meanwhile, the highlights of Saturday’s on-track action will be Qualifying for Sunday’s MotoGP™, Moto2™ and Moto3™ races. British riders Cal Crutchlow, James Ellison (both MotoGP™), Scott Redding, Bradley Smith, Gino Rea (all Moto2™), Danny Kent and Danny Webb (both Moto3™) will all be pushing for a front row start ahead of Sunday’s big race.
Richard Phillips, Managing Director of Silverstone Circuits Limited, said: “Working with Dorna and the MotoGP teams, we are delighted to confirm that the MotoGP riders will be making scheduled appearances in the Entertainment Zone on Saturday evening. Add live music and a world class line-up of on and off-track entertainment and we’ve got a real ‘Super Saturday’ in store for the fans – all free to MotoGP ticket holders.
“We promised MotoGP fans a better experience when they come to Silverstone and that is exactly what they are going to get. And with our new ‘kids go free’ policy, we’ve ensured there’s plenty to keep the whole family entertained.”
Three day tickets for the 2012 British Grand Prix are available from £75 if purchased in advance – effectively just £25 per day. Children aged 15 and under go free*. For further information, or to purchase tickets, visit www.silverstone.co.uk, or call 0844 3728 260.
Hospitality packages also available: for further information call 0844 3728 230.
* Children aged 15 and under will have access to free General Admission and Roving Grandstand tickets, when accompanied by an adult. Reserved grandstand tickets charged at adult price. All children require a valid entry ticket. One adult can accompany up to a maximum of four children. See www.silverstone.co.uk for full details.