Silverstone encourages fans to attend the British Grand Prix on Sunday 08 July.
Silverstone would like to thank fans that heeded the circuit’s advice on Friday evening and did not come to the Formula 1™ Santander British Grand Prix on Saturday.
While it was an extremely difficult decision, and one that will have disappointed people that had to stay away, the decision gave the circuit a fighting chance to repair and get previously unsafe car parks into a state that can be used on race day.
The circuit has implemented further contingency plans throughout Friday night and Saturday. As a result, it is now in a stronger position to accommodate all ticket holders coming to Silverstone on Sunday.
The circuit has issued the following important information for fans coming to Silverstone tomorrow:
Information for Sunday (08 July)
- - Everyone with a valid ticket for Sunday is encouraged to come to Silverstone
- - Please leave plenty of time to arrive at the circuit and, where possible, travel in 4x4 vehicles, on motorcycles or car share
- - Where possible, please maximise car capacity for your journey
- - In order to park vehicles safely, fans should be prepared for a longer walk than usual. Please wear sensible shoes and clothing
- - The severe weather conditions over the last weeks and, in particularly, the last 48 hours, has had a significant impact on the public car parks. It will, therefore be more difficult to park on than in previous years
- - Please follow Stewards’ instructions. They will do everything possible to ensure you are parked as quickly and efficiently as possible
- - Everyone who has a valid ticket for Sunday entry arriving by foot (campers & people staying in the locality) with pre booked tickets should arrives as normal
- - People with pre-booked Park and Ride passes and tickets should follow directions as sent out and follow instructions from stewards. Please be patient - we are doing our very best and are working hard to get you in
- - Campers must leave cars at the campsites and not bring them to the circuit as they will be turned away
- - Campers should avoid trying to leave the site on Sunday night and stay until Monday morning. This will avoid getting caught up in traffic unnecessarily
- Hospitality guests should follow instructions as normal, and again be patient with stewards
- - To help stagger traffic exiting the site, please stay behind and enjoy the off-track entertainment, including the post-race Grand Prix Party
For up-to-date information tune into 87.7FM, keep an eye on the website, or on our Twitter and facebook pages.
Richard Phillips, Managing Director of Silverstone Circuits Limited, said: “The weather has been a constant issue over the weekend. Tomorrow will be a bit of a challenge, but please bear with us; we are going to do our best.”
The event will not be able to take place without the drivers, teams and officials. Please ensure they are given priority when accessing the circuit in the morning.