Silverstone Circuits Limited is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and we look after your personal information carefully in line with data protection and privacy laws. Below we detail the information we collect concerning you and how that information is used.
Silverstone Circuits Limited is a company registered in England and Wales (registered number is 00882843) with registered office at Silverstone Circuit, Northamptonshire NN12 8TN. Our VAT registration number is GB170160935.
We are registered on the Data Protection Public Register. Our Data Protection Registration Number is Z9097152.
Our services may include (without limitation) social media and/or interactive applications, audio visual content, text, photographs, forums, advertising and other product sales which we may offer on our website or media platforms which, for example, may enable you to view our content over a mobile or wi-fi network (the “Services”). This policy covers all of the Services and any reference to “you” or “your”, means you as user of our Services. This policy applies to the collection and use of your information by us and parties that we authorise (such as our suppliers and sub-contractors).
The information we collect varies depending on which of our Services you are using. The information that we may collect includes:
- Your name, address, postcode, email address, telephone number, payment details and service details (if applicable);
- Information about your use of our Services including details of your internet protocol (IP) address, operating system, browser version, cookie details, the content you viewed on our Services, how long you stayed and on which pages, and your navigation around the Services;
- Location data from your IP address or by accessing global positioning functionality on your device (e.g. GPS);
- Other data from time to time to help us provide you with improved products and services;
The Data Protection Act 1998 provides the right to access information held. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet the costs in providing details of the information held.
We (or our authorised third parties) may collect information about you:
- When you purchase products on our website or when you otherwise update your details;
- When you contact us with an enquiry or other feedback;
- When you participate in interactivity, for example, when you submit an entry to a competition or prize draw;
- When you disclose your personal information to us or otherwise through the Services at any other point.
Cookies and similar devices
How we use personal information
Your information may be used by us and our authorised third parties to:
- Monitor, develop and improve the Services and/or your experience;
- Assist in and administer the provision of Services to you;
- Send you or provide you with product and service recommendations;
- Process payments from you to us (where applicable) on our behalf;
- Process and deal with any complaints or enquiries made by or about you;
- Contact you with service messages;
- Administer the prize if you are a prize winner, and to publish or otherwise make available a list of prize winners; and/or
Generally, we will only send you marketing messages where you indicate that you consent (e.g. by “opting-in”) to receiving such messages. Where we have your consent or are otherwise permitted to do so, we may:
- Send you information by email, telephone (including SMS), mail or other methods of communication about existing and new services and special offers from us;
- Send you information by email, telephone (including SMS), mail or other methods of communication about related products or services of selected third parties that may be of interest to you; and
- Pass your details to selected third parties so that they may send you information by email, telephone (including SMS), mail or other methods of communication about products or services that may be of interest to you.
By choosing to interact with our services by SMS text message, you will be indicating that you consent to receive marketing communications from us via SMS text message in respect of our products and services. You can avoid receiving these communications by adding NO INFO at the end of your SMS.
To stop receiving marketing communications from us, you can use the ‘unsubscribe’, ‘stop’ or similar facility contained in any such communication or you can email us at the email address set out in “Contact Details” below stating that you do not wish to receive further communications from us.
If you download one of our mobile apps then we may send you messages, including marketing messages, via push notifications. You can disable these at any time by altering the notification settings on your mobile device or by uninstalling the app.
Is personal information shared?
We may pass information about you to other parties as follows:
- To third parties authorised by us and acting on our behalf such as our employees, contractors, suppliers and/or agents including without limitation our customer care teams to administer the Services provided to you by us now or in the future;
- Where we have your consent to do so, for marketing communications;
- As part of general statistical information about the Services’ user base, sales patterns, traffic volumes and related matters. These details will not include information personally identifying you;
- Where relevant, the user name and some profile information you voluntarily provide may be published on areas of the Services such as forums, chat rooms or pages where user submissions are displayed and this will be the identity by which you are known on those areas. Please always think carefully before disclosing information to other users or otherwise making your information publicly available;
- If there are changes to our business (see section below on “Changes to our business”).
Please note this policy does not cover companies, services or applications that we do not own or control, or people that we do not employ or manage, including (without limitation) third party websites or applications/widgets (e.g. from “social media” platforms such as Facebook or Twitter) which we link to or offer via our Services, nor does it cover advertisers. Also, it does not cover certain pages and services provided via our Services which are hosted, managed and operated by other parties. These services, applications and third parties may have their own privacy policies and/or terms and conditions of use, which we recommend you read before using any such services. These third parties and services are wholly independent of us and are solely responsible for all aspects of their relationship with you and any use you may make of such services.
If we decide to change or re-organise the structure of our business, we may need to pass your personal information to one of our group companies so that we can continue to effectively deliver the Services to you.
Also, if we become involved in a merger, acquisition, restructuring, reorganisation or other transaction involving the sale of some or all of our or our group companies’ assets, then your information may be included in the assets which are transferred to the new owner and may be provided to the entities and advisors involved. Such a transaction may involve us: (i) retaining the right to continue to use transferred personal information in addition to the right of the new owner to use such information; and (ii) engaging in additional transfers of personal information (including new personal information) with the new owner from time to time following such a transaction.
Protection of personal information
We endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information. Where reasonably possible we use industry-standard technology to allow for the encryption of sensitive information.
Please always think carefully before disclosing information to other users or otherwise making your information publicly available. It is important that you are aware that any information you disclose to another user may then be disclosed by that user. We have no responsibility or control over the contents of communications made between users of our Services.
Updating personal information
Where you register your details for certain Services and open a user account with us that you can then use to access and log on to use those Services, you may change or update some of your details at any time via your account. If you are not registered for these Services but wish to update your details then please contact us (see “Contact details” section below). You should please make sure that you update your details as soon as possible with all relevant changes.
You can email us with any questions, queries or complaints at email@example.com