2014 BIKE TRACK DAY TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By accepting these Terms and Conditions you are acknowledging:
1 That you are familiar with the nature of the riding/motorsport activity, and acknowledge the risks involved.
2 That you have a motorcycle with an engine no smaller than 400cc (125cc race bike) in a road or track worthy condition (final decision machine suitability will be at the discretion of the circuit staff).
3 Noise limits will be applied in accordance with our circuit regulations and will be monitored on a ride by basis at 102dB.
Any bikes failing will be black flagged and tested statically at 105dB. After market silencers or race cans must have baffles fitted. Should a rider go out without baffles or a silencer fitted and it breaks the noise limit, we will not give a further opportunity to noise test the motorcycle. Offending motorcycles will not be allowed to continue and no refund will be given.
The onus is on YOU the rider to ensure your motorcycle is within the Silverstone circuit noise regulations. If you are concerned that your motorcycle with or without a baffle, may exceed the above limit then always request a test prior to going on track. We are happy to do this and will retest as many times as required to ensure your motorcycle is within the noise limit.
4 All riders when on circuit must wear either a complete one piece leather suit or a two piece zip together suit and the zip must be from hip to hip. Leather gloves and boots must also be worn. It is not compulsory but we advise that a back protector is worn. Helmets and leathers must be worn and fastened securely at all times when on the circuit.
5 To attend the ‘Street Sport’ #1 and Novice* groups you will need a full unrestricted or an A2 category licence issued by the DVLA (overseas country equivalent) and must be 20 years or over riding a minimum (35Kw) 47bhp motorcycle.
6 For ‘Street Sport’ #2, ‘Street Sport #3’, ‘Intermediate’ or ‘Advanced’ groups have a full unrestricted licence issued by the DVLA (overseas country equivalent) and must be 20 years or over.
7 Or hold an ACU licence with a minimum of 10 meetings under your belt (proof will be required at sign on) and must be 18 years or over.
*Please note: ACU licences are not accepted in the ‘Street Sport’ #1 or Novice groups.
8 That you are in good health and that your eyesight is up to the standard required for a road driving/riding test and that you are not suffering from any other medical condition or disability which is likely to adversely affect your normal control of a motorcycle or which might make it unsafe for you to ride or participate in this track day or any other motorsport activity.
9 That Silverstone reserves the right to remove you from the venue if it considers your actions to be dangerous or detrimental to other venue users.
10 In consideration of you being permitted to undertake in the track day arranged by Silverstone Circuits Limited, you agree to save harmless and keep indemnified, Silverstone Circuits Limited and their respective officials, servants, representatives and agents, and any other person or organisation using Silverstone Circuits Limited facilities in respect of all claims, costs, expenses and demands in respect of death of, or injury to, or loss of or damage to me or my property arising in pursuance of your undertaking in the track day.
11 You understand that any picture (moving or still), that you, or any person attending as your guest, may take are for your personal use only. You should not use any of these images for commercial purposes or broadcasting. You agree to use images and footage responsibly. Any images taken at the event should be strictly for personal use only and not used for any commercial purposes, including on board cameras. If such images include imagery of an accident you must make such images/footage available to Silverstone Circuits Limited and agree not to post such images/footage on social media sites including but not limited to YouTube and Facebook.
12 You accept that you will be solely responsible for any decision to ride any motorcycle or discontinue to ride any motorcycle or use any equipment at any time whilst it is in your possession or under your control. You acknowledge that if you should be dissatisfied prior to or whilst riding a motorcycle or using the equipment as to the satisfactory condition of the motorcycle or the equipment you are required to discontinue riding the motorcycle or using the said equipment forthwith.
13 As the person booking this event you should accept responsibility for ensuring that you and anybody who accompanies you are familiar with all rules and guidelines and adhere to them at all times.
14 Riders must attend the rider briefing before going out on track and sign the indemnity.
15 Riders should all wear crash helmets that comply with current ACU/FIM standards.
16 You understand that standard road insurance does not cover you for riding on a track and that you should make your own arrangements for accident cover.
Bookings, Cancellations and Refunds
1 Payment is taken by credit card at the time of booking. A place on any event is only guaranteed when paid for in full.
2 In the event of your cancellation, no refund will be given however a transfer to another day will be allowed provided that at least 14 days’ written notice is received. (e.g., if your track day is the 29th, notification must be received no later than 17.30hrs on the 15th).
3 All transfers MUST be taken within 3 months of the original date.
4 In the event of a cancellation less than 15 days before the event, NO refund or transfer will be given.
5 Silverstone Circuits reserves the right to cancel the day at any point without having to disclose the reason.
6 We reserve the right to alter the pricing of our events without prior notice.
7 Should Silverstone Circuits Limited have to cancel the event during the day, if less than 50% of activity has taken place a transfer to an alternative day may be offered. If the day is more than 50% complete no refund or transfer will be given.
8 A confirmation e-mail will be sent for each booking made – this is your way of knowing that your booking has been accepted. Please read this carefully and notify us immediately if there are any errors or omissions.
9 These Terms and Conditions are a supplement to the standard Silverstone Circuits Terms and conditions.
Acknowledgement of Risk
Motorsport is dangerous and can involve injury or death. Despite Silverstone Circuits Ltd (SCL) taking all reasonable precautions, accidents can happen. By attending a track day, you acknowledge this and confirm that you are aware of the nature of the activity and attend the venue at your own risk. SCL may refuse access to, and eject from, its venue any persons who are acting against the interests of safety and/or whose behaviour is likely to cause damage, nuisance or injury. SCL may also have to conduct security searches at the venues to ensure the safety of customers and other persons at the relevant event. Neither SCL nor any other members of The British Racing Drivers’ Club Limited group of companies or their representatives are responsible for any loss, damage or injury to persons or property caused or sustained by you as result of attendance at any track day, save for liability for death or personal injury arising from SCL’s negligence or for fraudulent misrepresentation.
Please read the information detailed below before attending your Silverstone bike track day; be prepared!
The safety of your motorcycle is your responsibility at all times. SCL reserve the right to refuse entry to any motorcycle without refund, if any fault or feature is believed could compromise the safety of the motorcycle and its rider and or other circuit users.
SCL Bike Track Days are organised to cater for a wide variety of motorcycles mostly road going; however there will be the opportunity for competition motorcycles to be ridden on circuit. It is important to note that circuit usage exerts greater pressure for longer periods on motorcycles and their components in comparison to normal road use. This obviously highlights the need for particular attention to safety and we recommend that riders thoroughly inspect their motorcycles prior to use on the track day.
All motorcycles will be clearly identified with a numbered sticker, which clearly identifies the motorcycle by number and session and is clearly visible to circuit marshals. This will be given to each rider when they register on the day.
We recommend that you pay particular attention to the following items and any uncertainty or wear should be discussed with a qualified motorcycle engineer prior to riding on the circuit.
- The battery must be secured by a suitable strap or fixing.
- The motorcycle wiring should be adequately bound and clear of obstruction.
- Lights should be taped so that in the event of them breaking, they do not shatter on the circuit.
Steering and Suspension
- General condition of fork tubes and springs, etc, should be checked for any signs of corrosion, pitting or wear.
- Gaiters, rubbers and seals retaining grease or oil should be in good condition as leaking units may in extreme cases leave oil on the circuit.
Tyres, Wheels and Brakes
- Tyres MUST be checked for correct pressure and adjusted if necessary for circuit use. Tyres should have a minimum of 3mm tread depth for use on the circuit and the general condition of the carcass should be checked.
- Wheels should be correctly fitted and adequately torqued and wheel bearings checked for wear. Wheels also should be checked for cracks (especially if alloy).
- Brakes should have a good firm feel. Any inadequacies in their performance will be magnified at speed and can be dangerous. Joints should be checked for any leakage as well as checks to seals and callipers.
Engine and Fuel System
- The engine should be in good order and should not leak any oils or fluid. Gaskets and hoses should be in good order and adequately secured and fixed.
- Carburettors and fuel systems should have good quality return springs fitted. Cables and linkages should be checked for lubrication and smooth operation.
- Ensure that the fuel filler cap is firmly in place prior to any track session.
- It is essential that all fluid levels are checked before circuit use.
- It should be noted that an M.O T. certificate should not be taken as evidence of the general mechanical condition of the motorcycle.
- If you are unsure of any of the points referred to in this document we recommend that professional advice is sought prior to the track day.
- Your help in checking your machinery before the track day is expected and appreciated. Always bear in mind it is you riding the motorcycle.
All riders when on circuit must wear either a complete one piece leather suit or a two piece zip together suit and the zip must be from hip to hip. Leather gloves and boots must also be worn. It is not compulsory but we advise that a back protector is worn. Helmets and leathers must be worn and fastened securely at all times when on the circuit.
- Silverstone reserves the right to exclude any rider considered as possibly unfit by reason of health, consumption of alcohol or prohibited substances including amphetamines or amphetamine type substances.
- Silverstone reserves the right to refuse participation to any rider who it subsequently considers to be a danger to others.
- All crash helmets worn by riders must comply with current ACU/FIM standards. Helmets must be worn and securely fastened at all times.
- Titanium knee sliders are strictly forbidden.
- All riders MUST have attended the riders briefing before being permitted to ride on circuit and have signed the indemnity.
- Any specific medical information must be notified to the organisers at time of signing on.
Venue, Paddock Access and Departure Times
Access to the Venue and paddock will be allowed from 07:15hrs on the date of the event. If you arrive prior to this time, please park in the car park indicated at the entrance to the circuit. Garages and paddock must clear by 19:00hrs; there may be certain events whereby there is an evening track hire which requires the garages to be vacated by 17.15hrs. Riders will be advised of this prior to the event and this will be confirmed in the morning rider safety briefing.
- Garages will be automatically allocated to each group of riders, i.e. Street Sport#1, Street Sport#2 and Ultimate Sport or Novice, Intermediate and Advanced. Please ensure that any private cars are parked at the back of the paddock and not the garage side.
- No motorcycle can be left overnight within the garage without prior written agreement of SCL. For the avoidance of doubt any motorcycle left with agreement shall be at the owners and not SCL’s risk.
Paddock and Garages
No marks are to be made on the paddock tarmac or garage floors. Examples include paint and staking of marquees or awnings. Garages are to be left in a tidy condition at the end of the day and garage doors closed.
- Re-fuelling and the storage of petrol (or other fuels) is not permitted in the pit lane.
- No naked flames (smoking, welding etc) in the pit lane.
- The pit lane is strictly one way.
- Motorcycle access to pit lane if not through the garages will be via race control at the start of the pit lane in the International Wing pit and paddock.
- Reckless or dangerous riding will result in exclusion from any further participation in the day or even other events run at Silverstone, including testing.
- No children 16 or under are allowed in the garages or pit lane and must be supervised by an adult at all times.
- Please ride slowly in the pit lane and keep to the left until outside your designated garage. Speeds must not exceed 20mph.
- When joining the circuit enter in a similar way to a “motorway entry” i.e. keep to the right of the circuit until clear of the pit lane exit and the solid white line ensuring full awareness for motorcycles continuing on circuit.
- Once on the circuit build pace gently and progressively.
- Use your mirrors but only on the straights. Do not spend the whole lap looking in your mirrors.
- Overtake on both sides but an eight foot gap between riders MUST be demonstrated.
- Do not overtake on the entry to corners or the final part of the braking areas.
- If you are being caught by faster traffic please allow the faster riders to pass safely.
- Slower riders MUST never move off your line in a corner. Remember no overtaking is to happen in the braking area or entry to the corners hence moving off line will only compromise both yourself and the following riders. Wait until the exit and then allow the faster rider to pass.
- Slower riders please do not hinder faster riders and accelerate along the straights as this can lead to frustration and the potential for accidents is increased.
- If a rider crashes it may be necessary to stop circuit activity which will result in a loss of track time.
- Always pay attention to flag signals. Riders ignoring flag signals will not be permitted to continue riding on the circuit.
- Strictly no timing; this is NOT a test day. Riders found to be timing will be excluded from the remainder of the event.
- Remember - SCL reserves the right to remove riders from the circuit. This applies to anyone who is not complying with instructions, rules and regulations or a rider who may be a danger to himself/herself or more importantly other circuit users.
- Cameras are permitted but must be securely fastened and positioned safely, i.e. not in direct line of a rider’s head and will be checked by the safety marshal at the end of the pit lane before being permitted on circuit.
Fuelling and Fuel Station
- Storage of fuel in the paddock and pit garages must be stored in containers and quantities which conform to fuelling regulations. There must be no more than twenty litres of fuel per rider stored in the pit garage at anytime. Refuelling must not take place near any electrical equipment.
- Fuel is available 24 hours a day at the Gulf fuel station in the centre of the circuit. Payment is with credit card from the automatic pay station.
Please make every effort to ensure that waste oil and petrol is disposed in the containers provided. Under no circumstances must riders or teams leave used tyres in the paddock.
It should be noted that standard insurance will not cover track day riding. Please make your own arrangements for personal accident and motorcycle cover.
Photography and Filming
- You understand that any picture (moving or still), that you, or any person attending as your guest, may take are for your personal use only. You should not use any of these images for commercial purposes or broadcasting. You agree to use images and footage responsibly. Any images taken at the event should be strictly for personal use only and not used for any commercial purposes, including on board cameras. If such images include imagery of an accident you must make such images/footage available to Silverstone Circuit Limited and agree not to post such images/footage on social media sites including but not limited to You tube and Facebook.