1. In these Silverstone Circuits Limited 2015 FORMULA 1 BRITISH GRAND PRIX’ Hospitality Terms and Conditions (The “Terms and Conditions”): “Booked Event” means the 2015 FORMULA 1 BRITISH GRAND PRIX; “Customer” means the individual, partnership or company or their servants, agents or employees who have completed the booking form; “Event Organisers” means the owners, operators or organisers of the Booked Event; “Full Payment” means the total cost (deposit and final balance) of the Hospitality Package(s) including VAT and SCL shall only be deemed to have received Full Payment once confirmation has been received by SCL’s bank that cleared funds have been received; “SCL” means Silverstone Circuits Limited, Silverstone Circuit, Northamptonshire, NN12 8TN; “Hospitality Package(s)” means the package(s) set out in the booking form and requested by the Customer.
2. These Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement between SCL and the Customer, and supersede any previous agreement or understanding and may not be varied except as expressly agreed in writing by an authorised officer of SCL. All other terms, express or implied by statute or otherwise, are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law. Where any conflict arises between the terms contained in the booking form and these Terms and Conditions the latter shall prevail.
3. SCL does not give any warranty, guarantee or other term (whether expressed or implied under statute or otherwise) as to the fitness for purpose, quality, suitability or otherwise of the Booked Event and all conditions are excluded.
4. Once the Customer has completed and signed a booking form they have seven days in which to cancel their booking, during which time no cost will be incurred by the Customer. The Customer agrees to waive its rights to cancel in circumstances where it completes and signs a booking form less than four weeks prior to the Booked Event. Thereafter the Customer will incur the cancellation costs (if any) as set out in clause 7 of these Terms and Conditions. Any cancellation must be confirmed in writing to SCL at the above address.
5. Companies - a) For bookings made before 13th December 2014, a 50% deposit is due within 30 days from date of invoice. If payment is not received by this date, SCL may choose to cancel the booking, you would be notified of this action in writing and following such a notice SCL will be free to resell the Hospitality Package (s). Final balances must be paid no later than 31st March 2015. b) For bookings made after 13th December 2014, a 50% deposit is due by 31st March 2015. If payment is not received by this date, SCL may choose to cancel the booking, you would be notified of this action in writing and following such a notice SCL will be free to resell the Hospitality Package(s). Final balances must be paid no later than 31st May 2015. c) For bookings made after 31st March 2015 full payment is required within 30 days from the date of invoice. d) If the booking is made after 31st May 2015 full payment is required at the time of booking by credit/debit card or bank transfer. For individuals – Full payment must be made at the time of purchase from SCL, either by credit or debit card (most major cards are accepted) or by cheque. The Customer acknowledges and understands that SCL sells the Paddock Club Hospitality package on behalf of Formula One Hospitality and Event Services and as such SCL can only confirm the booking on behalf of the Customer once payment has been made in full and cleared funds received and there is no option for part payment
6. Tickets and other admission documents for the Booked Event and/or the Hospitality Package(s) shall not be issued to the Customer until Full Payment has been received in cleared funds by SCL. It is the Customer responsibility to ensure that all payments have been made before querying dispatch of tickets and other admission documents.
7. In the event of the Customer wishing to cancel the booking any such cancellation must be confirmed in writing to SCL who shall exercise its sole discretion in deciding whether to accept such cancellation by the Customer. On receipt of such a notice of cancellation and subject to SCL accepting such cancellation SCL shall be entitled to a) charge a cancellation fee equal to 15% of the Hospitality Package(s) as priced on the booking form; or b) charge a cancellation fee equal to 50% of the Hospitality Package(s) as priced on the booking form where such notice of cancellation has been received by SCL less than twelve weeks prior to the first day of the Booked Event; or c) charge a cancellation fee equal to 100% of the Hospitality Package(s) as priced on the booking form where such notice of cancellation has been received by SCL less than six weeks prior to the first day of the Booked Event.
8. In the event of the Customer wishing to alter the booking at any time, such alteration shall be subject to agreement by SCL in writing and will be subject to an administration charge equal to 15% of the Hospitality Package(s) so altered as priced on the booking form.
9. SCL has no control over the running of the Booked Event and all details and descriptions in relation thereto are for guide purposes only. For the avoidance of doubt the date for the Booked Event is subject to change. In the event of the date changing and the Customer wishing to cancel its booking the Customer must notify SCL within 14 days of the date on which the Customer is notified of a change in date of the Booked Event. Such cancellation will be subject to the approval of SCL and an administration charge equal to 15% of the Hospitality Package(s) as priced on the booking form.
10. The details of the Booked Event shown in any material supplied by SCL are correct at the time of printing but the Customer shall be responsible for checking with the Event Organisers that no alterations have been made.
11. The tickets in any Hospitality Package(s) sold are also subject to any terms and conditions imposed by the Event Organisers and SCL shall have no liability whatsoever for any negligence or breach of the said terms and conditions by either the Customer or the Event Organiser and the Customer shall indemnify SCL against all losses, damages, costs and expenses incurred by SCL in connection with any claim brought by the Event Organiser against SCL as a result of any breach of the said terms and conditions by the Customer. It shall be the responsibility of the Customer to obtain details of the Event Organiser’s terms and conditions.
12. SCL shall not be held liable for any act or omission by any person not employed directly by SCL. SCL shall have no liability for the acts or omissions of the Event Organisers, their servants, agents or employees.
13. Except in respect of death or personal injury caused by SCL’s negligence, or as expressly provided in these Terms and Conditions, SCL shall not be liable to the Customer by reason of any representation (unless fraudulent), or any implied warranty, condition or other term, or any duty at common law, or under the express terms of these Terms and Conditions for any loss of profit or any indirect, special or consequential loss, damage, costs, expenses or other claims (whether caused by the negligence of SCL, its servants or agents or otherwise) which arise out of or in connection with the provision of the Booked Event (including any delay in providing or failure to provide the Booked Event).
14. SCL is not responsible for any loss, injury or damage, howsoever caused, to Customer except where such loss, injury or damage is caused by the negligence of SCL, its employees or agents. The entire liability of SCL under or in connection with these Terms and Conditions shall not exceed in any event the price of the Hospitality Package(s) except as expressly provided in these Terms and Conditions.
15. SCL shall have no liability for any loss, damage or expense caused by cancellation of the Booked Event because of government action, strike, civil commotion, National disaster or other force majeure.
16. Any complaints must be received in writing by SCL within four weeks of the last day of the Booked Event. SCL shall not be liable for any complaints received after that period. The Customer acknowledges and understands that SCL sells the Paddock Club Hospitality package on behalf of Formula One Hospitality and Event Services and that such Hospitality Package is not operated or delivered by SCL or its employees or contractors. In the event of any dispute in relation to the Hospitality Package the Customer agrees that SCL’s maximum liability to the Customer is the amount of commission SCL receives for selling such Hospitality Package
17. SCL shall have no responsibility for any property or personal effects left at the Booked Event by the Customer.
18. Where the Hospitality Package(s) are posted to the Customer, the risk in the goods shall pass to the Customer upon the items being posted to the address given by the Customer. SCL shall not be liable for any loss, damage or cost arising from the delivery or non-delivery of the Hospitality Package(s). SCL reserves the right to levy an additional charge for issuing replacement tickets and documents arising from non-delivery of the Hospitality Package(s).
19. The Hospitality Package(s) and tickets shall not be resold or transferred save as set out herein and shall not be purchased or obtained from or through any commercial agent or company or otherwise than directly from SCL or an appointed agent of SCL. If more than one Hospitality Package or ticket is issued to a Customer those Hospitality Packages or tickets may be used only by those persons intending to accompany that Customer to and at the Booked Event. The provision of such Hospitality Packages and tickets by a Customer to such persons without payment shall contravene these Terms and Conditions. Any Hospitality Package(s) or tickets obtained in breach of these Conditions shall be void and all rights conferred or evidenced by such tickets shall be nullified. Any person seeking to use a ticket obtained in breach of these Terms and Conditions in order to gain or provide entry to or remain at the Booked Event will be liable to be refused admission to or be ejected from the venue where the Booked Event is to be held and may be liable to legal action.
20. Hospitality Package(s) and tickets herein shall not be used as competition prizes or trade incentives nor may they be used in raffles, tombolas, lotteries or draws whether for commercial or charitable purposes without the prior written permission of SCL who may withhold such permission at its sole discretion.
21. Unless otherwise agreed these Terms and Conditions shall be subject to and construed in accordance with English Law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
22. SCL gives no warranty (whether expressed or implied under statute or otherwise) that the Booked Event shall take place at the time and place stipulated or at all and all conditions (whether expressed or implied, whether under statute or otherwise) in respect thereof are excluded. SCL shall not be liable to give any refund if the Booked Event shall be cancelled by the Event Organiser.
23. The Customer is responsible for taking out adequate insurance cover against cancellation, abandonment or postponement of the Booked Event.
24. No animals will be admitted to the venue or any car parks including assistant dogs. Customers who need an assistance dog are able to bring a personal assistant free of charge (excluding food & drink costs) in place of their assistance dog. Please contact SCL on 0844 3728 251 to arrange this.
25. During the Booked Event noise levels may be very loud within the venue. In particular, you are advised to wear hearing protection during races to reduce the risk of hearing damage. The F1 FORMULA 1 logo, F1, FORMULA 1, FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP, BRITISH GRAND PRIX and related marks are trademarks of Formula One Licensing BV, a Formula One group company. All rights reserved
26. Motor racing is dangerous and noisy. SCL, the Sanctioning bodies (including but not limited to FOWC, Formula One Management Limited, FIA, Formula One Hospitality and Event Services, Formula One Marketing Limited, Formula One Hospitality and Event Services Limited Formula One Asset Management Limited, Formula One Licensing BV, the organisers of the Event (including officials, marshals, rescue medical staff), competitors and drivers, are not responsible for any loss or damage howsoever caused, to you to the maximum extent permitted by law (except in the case of death or personal injury caused by negligence of the above parties).