Information correct as of 18 March 2020
The health and safety of visitors and team at Silverstone is our number one priority. Silverstone is adhering to the advice of Government, World Health Organisation and Public Health England with a daily review. We have implemented precautionary measures in line with this advice and will adapt these if advice changes.
In the meantime, it’s business as usual at Silverstone with our events.
Silverstone has an on-site Medical Centre, positioned in the middle of the circuit, fitted with advanced equipment and facilities, with an experienced medical team. The facility has recently been upgraded to include an isolation area and an entry lock system for controlled access.
We’ve been proactive to put in place a series of precautionary measures for Coronavirus including:
- Posters displayed in all toilets promoting personal hygiene and hand washing advice
- Hand Sanitisers available in reception areas
- Increased cleaning schedule to include focus on ‘high touch’ areas including hard surfaces, control pads, door handles, hand rails and bannisters
- Liaison with on-site partners to ensure precautions are in line with Silverstone guidelines
- HR ensuring the team are fully briefed and team movements minimised
- Dedicated detailed COVID-19 risk assessment in place
- Contingency Planning Group formed, consulting with relevant authorities and acting on PHE daily updates
Advice for visitors to Silverstone
- Wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
- Use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- Don’t touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- Put used tissues in the bin straight away and wash your hands afterwards
- If you are displaying any symptoms, no matter how minor, please follow government ‘stay at home’ advice
- Physical social contact and shaking hands should be avoided if possible
Official Guidance links: