The following items are not permitted into the Venue
- Cooler boxes over 20 litre in size
- Excessive amounts of alcohol will be refused at the gate
- Glass bottles
- Restricted and illegal substances
- Offensive weapons
- No animals (excluding Assistance Dogs) will be admitted to the Venue or any car parks. All registered assistance dogs are welcome. However, before your arrival please contact the circuit on 0844 3728 251 (Mon-Fri 8:30am – 5:30pm only) so that the necessary arrangements can be made
- Items that are deemed dangerous, offensive or unsuitable
- Drones or remote controlled aircraft
- Step ladders
- Fireworks/ pyrotechnics / flares
- Smoke canisters
- Any items which might be subject to ambush marketing
- Tents and shelters
- Four-wheeled carry carts (doesn’t include those used to carry children, but must be empty at the gate)
- Powered scooters / hover boards
- Electric cycles
- No sun parasols
- Maximum of 1 x 20 litre rucksack per person with luggage tag
- Food and Drink – you may bring reasonable amounts of alcohol for personal consumption into the venue
- Larger items will need to be brought through Gates 3 & 15
Silverstone’s top security tips:
- Arrive early and leave plenty of time for searches
- Do not leave any of your belongings unattended
- We have a diverse range of food outlets on site so treat yourself to lunch to help keep your bag sizes down
- Make sure you wear comfy shoes, Silverstone is a very large venue
- Please see the prohibited items to ensure you do not bring any restricted items
- If you see anything suspicious then contact a steward or member of staff. If urgent contact the police straight away on 999
We take the safety and security of all our guests very seriously. As such, we have put in place all necessary measures to maximise public safety, working closely with the Police, emergency services and specialist advisors to ensure our event and site security procedures are up to date and following best practice. There are the numerous safety and security measures that you can see and of course those that you can’t.
These include our extensively trained security personnel, bag searches, specialist dogs and extensive CCTV across the entire site which is monitored 24 hours every day.
For security reasons, anybody entering the event may be subject to extra searches of their bags and to themselves, so please ensure you arrive early and allow for longer waiting times while we conduct these important searches. Therefore, in order to facilitate quicker access can we please ask that you only bring one bag or one cool box into the venue, and that it is no bigger than a standard rucksack (max 20 litre capacity).
Please note for 2019 we will not allow large trolleys or larger bags, as we have done in previous years through our usual pedestrian gates. There will be two separate access points for these items located at gate 3 and 15. If you chose to bring a trolley or larger bag then queuing times will be considerably longer, so allow even more time. As you approach the gates your bag needs to be accessible for searches so could we please ask that you have your coat and your bag open to facilitate a search. Trollies that are used to transport children etc. will be allowed so long as they are empty at the gate.
We do appreciate that you’re going to be with us on site for most of the day, but the less you bring, the quicker you’ll get through the gates. We encourage you to pack as little as you can and only bring essentials. Once on site you will have access to drinking water points and we have a massive range of food outlets that cater for every taste.
Could we also please ask, as an additional security measure that you put luggage tags on all of your bags with your name and mobile number, so that it can be easily identified. Please do not at any time leave your bag or personal belongings unattended.
Please note that due to security measures in place we do not have a luggage storage facility on site. We do however have a helmet and leather storage area located in car park 49, car park 50 and car park 25. If you leave the venue to go back to your car or campsite then please ensure you have a pass out stamp and present your ticket to gain re-entry.
We will have lots of security staff, police and Racemakers on site so if you have any questions or concerns then please don’t hesitate to speak to them, they will only be too happy to help. If you see or suspect anything suspicious then please contact a member of our team or the police straightaway.