The health and safety of our team, customers and clients is our priority and we have put in place a robust re-opening policy to operate as safely as possible. CLICK HERE to view a guide to the new measures we’re taking, or visit the FAQ’s at the bottom of this page for detailed advice, please read this advice before booking or attending a Bike Track Day.
Experience the adrenaline rush of riding around Britain’s only MotoGP circuit. Whether you’re a novice biker or a pro, you’ll love the thrill of the track, the camaraderie of the pits, and the expert, friendly instruction. Open the throttle and hone your riding skills around the legendary corners and straights of the famous Silverstone circuit.
As seen in MCN MAGAZINE’S BUCKET LIST. Read the article here
Scroll down for more information.
Take a look at a lap of Silverstone Circuit here.
Already purchased this as a gift? Download a gift certificate here once you have purchased a bike track day.
Call the team on 0344 3728 239 for more information.
View the photos from your Bike Track Day here.
The health and safety of our team, customers and clients is our priority and we have put in place a robust re-opening policy to operate as safely as possible. Click Here to view a guide to the new measures we’re taking.
All track activities including, Circuit Hire, Exclusive Testing, Testing, Car and Bike Trackdays, Motorsport Academy are now subject to a statutory 1 hour lunch between 13.00 and 14.00 .
2021 DATES NOW RELEASED
- Upcoming Dates
- Your Day
- Your Riding Group
- Yamaha R1M Masterclass
- Leather & Bike Hire
- Choose your circuit
- Our Partners
Upcoming Bike Track Days
|5 April 2021||Grand Prix Circuit||£259||BOOK NOW|
|16 April 2021||International Circuit||£199||BOOK NOW|
|3 May 2021||Grand Prix Circuit||£259||BOOK NOW|
|17 May 2021||Grand Prix Circuit||£259||BOOK NOW|
|18 May 2021||Grand Prix Circuit||£259||BOOK NOW|
|22 June 2021||Grand Prix Circuit||£259||BOOK NOW|
|23 June 2021||Grand Prix Circuit||£259||BOOK NOW|
|27 July 2021||Grand Prix Circuit||£259||BOOK NOW|
|28 July 2021||Grand Prix Circuit||£259||BOOK NOW|
|19 August 2021||Grand Prix Circuit||£259||BOOK NOW|
|20 August 2021||International Circuit||£199||BOOK NOW|
|13 September 2021||Grand Prix Circuit||£259||BOOK NOW|
|14 September 2021||Grand Prix Circuit||£259||BOOK NOW|
|12 October 2021||Grand Prix Circuit||£259||BOOK NOW|
On the Day
You’ll be based in the Wing Pit and Paddock for the International circuit, Heritage Pit and Paddock for the National and GP circuits.
Once you arrive, our meet-and-greet team will direct you to your group garage area, where you’ll register. Once you’ve done this, you can grab a free breakfast roll and hot drink to start your day right.
You will be grouped into one of three riding groups. Each group will have its own instructor, who will show you the ropes on and off the track. They’ll be happy to answer any questions you have, and tell you about our one-to-one video review sessions that are also available on the day.
After the team introduction and safety briefing, each group will take it in turns on track. We make sure everyone gets enough track time, so each riding group will have six sessions of about 20 minutes each.
- 07:00 registration opens
- 08:15 registration closes
- 08:20 welcome and safety briefing
- 09:00 track opens – first group on track
All three riding groups rotate throughout the day
- 17:00 track closes
There is a one-hour lunch break (1-2pm) on the Grand Prix, National and International circuits.
YOUR RIDING GROUP
We put you into one of three groups, depending on the information you give us about your experience on the form sent to you via email booking. This helps us ensure you’re on track and with riders of similar ability. To make sure you’re in the right group, we’ll check how you’re doing throughout the day, and make changes to your group if necessary.
GROUP 1 (WHITE)
For track day newcomers or riders with limited track experience. Practise your skills with expert instructors and enjoy riding in a safe, encouraging environment. ‘See the track as an extension of the road’.
GROUP 2 (BLUE)
For more experienced road or track riders with a few days under their belt. Take your riding skills up a gear as you make the most of your machine. The Silverstone track is waiting.
GROUP 3 (RED)
For more experienced track day riders looking to spend some valuable time on the UK’s only GP circuit.
MASTERCLASS with Niall Mackenzie
In a dedicated classroom area, you can work through your personal riding goals with an expert instructor. Visit the Masterclass tab more information.
Email BikeTrack.DayTeam@silverstone.co.uk if you have a specific question.
Masterclass - With Niall Mackenzie
Masterclass runs with the help of former GP rider and BSB Champion, Niall Mackenzie. It’s perfect for all abilities looking to improve their riding skills. Niall oversees the Masterclass team on most dates, but when he has racing commitments, we will ensure an equally experienced VIP host.
After you’ve completed a questionnaire, Niall will review your information and create a programme for you and your instructor to work through. Throughout the day, we’ll review your progress, as well as film your ride and analyse the footage with you.
At the end of the day, you’ll have an assessment with your instructor. Niall will give you this written assessment, along with a copy of your riding footage.
Still need convincing? Check out this awesome review.
Bike Hire – you now have the option to hire a Yamaha R1M machine for your Masterclass session. Inspired by the MotoGP winning YZR-M1 factory bikes raced by Valentino Rossi and Maverick Vinales. This high specification supersport bike makes cutting edge MotoGP derived technology available to road and track day riders.
For Masterclass and hire bike availability, please visit the Dates tab above.
- Masterclass host
- VIP classroom area
- 2:1 rider to instructor ratio
- Breakfast and lunch, tea, coffee and water
- USB with footage of your day
- End-of-day written assessment
- Leather hire available
2021 Masterclass dates
|5 April 2021||Masterclass – Own Bike||Grand Prix Circuit||£599||BOOK NOW|
|5 April 2021||Masterclass – R1M Hire Bike||Grand Prix Circuit||£899||BOOK NOW|
|16 April 2021||Masterclass – Own Bike||International Circuit||£449||BOOK NOW|
|16 April 2021||Masterclass – R1M Hire Bike||International Circuit||£749||BOOK NOW|
|3 May 2021||Masterclass – Own Bike||Grand Prix Circuit||£599||BOOK NOW|
|3 May 2021||Masterclass – R1M Hire Bike||Grand Prix Circuit||£899||BOOK NOW|
|17 May 2021||Masterclass – Own Bike||Grand Prix Circuit||£599||BOOK NOW|
|17 May 2021||Masterclass – R1M Hire Bike||Grand Prix Circuit||£899||BOOK NOW|
|18 May 2021||Masterclass – Own Bike||Grand Prix Circuit||£599||BOOK NOW|
|18 May 2021||Masterclass – R1M Hire Bike||Grand Prix Circuit||£899||BOOK NOW|
|22 June 2021||Masterclass – Own Bike||Grand Prix Circuit||£599||BOOK NOW|
|22 June 2021||Masterclass – R1M Hire Bike||Grand Prix Circuit||£899||BOOK NOW|
|23 June 2021||Masterclass – Own Bike||Grand Prix Circuit||£599||BOOK NOW|
|23 June 2021||Masterclass – R1M Hire Bike||Grand Prix Circuit||£899||BOOK NOW|
|27 July 2021||Masterclass – Own Bike||Grand Prix Circuit||£599||BOOK NOW|
|27 July 2021||Masterclass – R1M Hire Bike||Grand Prix Circuit||£899||BOOK NOW|
|28 July 2021||Masterclass – Own Bike||Grand Prix Circuit||£599||BOOK NOW|
|28 July 2021||Masterclass – R1M Hire Bike||Grand Prix Circuit||£899||BOOK NOW|
|19 August 2021||Masterclass – Own Bike||Grand Prix Circuit||£599||BOOK NOW|
|19 August 2021||Masterclass – R1M Hire Bike||Grand Prix||£899||BOOK NOW|
|20 August 2021||Masterclass – Own Bike||International Circuit||£449||BOOK NOW|
|20 August 2021||Masterclass – R1M Hire Bike||International Circuit||£749||BOOK NOW|
|13 September 2021||Masterclass – Own Bike||Grand Prix Circuit||£599||BOOK NOW|
|13 September 2021||Masterclass – R1M Hire Bike||Grand Prix Circuit||£899||BOOK NOW|
|14 September 2021||Masterclass – Own Bike||Grand Prix Circuit||£599||BOOK NOW|
|14 September 2021||Masterclass – R1M Hire Bike||Grand Prix Circuit||£899||BOOK NOW|
|12 October 2021||Masterclass – Own Bike||Grand Prix Circuit||£599||BOOK NOW|
|12 October 2021||Masterclass – R1M Hire Bike||Grand Prix Circuit||£899||BOOK NOW|
A £2,000 refundable Crash Damage Deposit (CDD) is payable on the day either by credit or debit card. If you damage the bike, you will only be liable to pay up to a maximum of £2,000. If you break a lever or a footpeg, you will only be charged for the damage done.
|Eligibility||Group 1 (white)||Group 2 (blue)||Group 3 (red)|
|A2 licence with restricted motorcycle to 46 bhp||√||X||X|
|DVLA full unrestricted motorcycle licence||√||√||√|
|European or Rest of World full unrestricted licence||√||√||√|
|ACU licence (if rider is 18/19 years old then proof of 10 meetings must be provided)||X||√||√|
- Insurance: standard insurance does not cover Bike Track Day riding. Please make your own arrangements for accident cover.
- Minimum engine size: 300cc (125cc race bike) in a road or track-worthy condition (machine suitability is at the discretion of circuit staff).
- Leathers: one-piece leather suit or two-piece zip together from hip to hip. NO CORDURA OR TEXTILE SUITS ALLOWED. Silverstone leathers are available to hire when you book.
- Helmet: must comply with current ACU/FIM regulations.
- Noise: all motorcycles must comply with the Silverstone Circuit noise limits of 105dB static test and 102dB ride-by test. Aftermarket cans or exhausts must have baffles fitted.
- Riders must be 20 or over: or 18 with an ACU licence and a minimum of 10 meetings (proof required at sign on).
- Please have the photocard of your DVLA (or country equivalent) licence.
We have additional measures and requirements in place in light of the latest Government COVID-19 Guidelines, view them HERE
Don’t have leathers for your track day? Hire a set from us for the day. We stock a full range of Alpinestars 2 piece leather suits to fit various sizes from 36’ to 52’ inch chest and 5ft 2’ – 6ft 5’ height.
You can book your leathers at the same time as booking your track day and your suit will be waiting for you on the day.
We’ve teamed up with Track Bike Hire UK to offer you the latest Yamaha R6 or R1 machinery. Book your track day and bike hire with us online or via our contact centre on 0344 3728 239 and simply turn up on the day and Track Bike Hire UK will be ready and waiting with your bike for the day.
All of Track Bike UK’s hire bikes come with full professional pit crew style support for the full day offering you that real race track experience, from tyre warmers to the latest race spec tyres you’ll be looked after like a racing hero for the day
The stunning new Yamaha R6 supersport bike was designed for the race track, our hire bikes come with the latest track spec tyres and performance upgrades to make these bikes the ideal track choice if you don’t currently own a bike or as an alternative to your own bike. Available for £389 for the whole day – inclusive of fuel and tyre wear.
The first choice for any serious track day rider, the new Yamaha R1 offers the full superbike experience with all the latest rider aids and technology to make for an adrenaline packed day on track! With the latest track spec tyres and performance upgrades to enhance your race track experience to the maximum.
Available for £479 for the whole – inclusive of fuel and tyre wear.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions please visit the FAQs at the bottom of this page to see the availability of these extras
“Just wanted to say thank you to everyone for a great day yesterday. Definitely setting a new standard in track days. The instructors are all very welcoming and look after everyone all day.”
“Just wanted to say a massive thank you to the instructors and whole Silverstone team for a fantastic ladies’ track day. I absolutely loved it and really grew in my confidence which was my aim in going. Everything was so well run, staff were really friendly and the level of instruction was fantastic. The day was so much better than I expected, and I already had high hopes!”
“The ladies skills day was expertly organised & a pleasure to participate in. I learnt more on this day than on any other. The instructors are knowledgeable, professional & good humoured. At no point was I spoken down to or made to feel inadequate or unimportant. My confidence took a tremendous leap & all I would ask is please, please, please can you run more.”
“Just got home from a bike track day and had such a good day! Thank you very much. I’ve done a few track days before but this was my first time at Silverstone, and was well worth the cost! The track was unbelievable! The breakfast roll was beautiful. Everything was spot on, facilities and people were awesome.”
“Please pass on my thanks and regards to the instructors and marshals and team at the Bike Track Day. It was a great day, it ran like clockwork and they’re a good friendly lot.”
“Had my first ever track day with you guys and can honestly say it is the best thing I’ve done since owning a motorcycle!! The instructors were relaxed and made you feel welcome and really knew their stuff.”
“Your facilities are fantastic. The whole day was professionally run and friendly. This was the best track day yet.”
“Best track day I’ve ever done.”
“The best-run, most relaxed and most enjoyable I’ve attended by far.”
“Silverstone is amazing. I loved every minute I was out on track.”
“Slick organisation, attention to detail and impressive customer care mark out the new Silverstone track days.” Read the full MCN review.
“It was the perfect testing ground for my own skills and a brilliant day out.” Charlie Oakman ‘Ultimate Sport’ – Fast Bikes Magazine. Read Charlie’s full report
The 1.6 mile National circuit is the northern part of the famous Grand Prix circuit, and includes iconic corners such as Maggotts, Luffield and Copse.
DOWNLOAD THE NATIONAL CONFIGURATION HERE
The 1.8 mile International circuit is the southern loop of the famous Grand Prix track. A good mix of corners, and includes iconic Hangar Straight.
DOWNLOAD THE INTERNATIONAL CONFIGURATION HERE
Grand Prix Circuit
Ride in the shadow of legends on the 3.6 mile, 17-corner, fast-flowing Grand Prix circuit. Quick, challenging and rewarding.
DOWNLOAD THE GRAND PRIX CONFIGURATION HERE
DOWNLOAD THE GRAND PRIX RIDER INFORMATION PACK HERE
Yamaha has given us a fleet of YZF-R1 bikes – fitted with a class-leading electronics package – ready to test out on the tarmac. These have been developed directly from MotoGP’s World Championship-winning machines – so naturally they were our first choice for track days and development programmes. Visit the Yamaha website for full product details and dealer locator.
The Yamaha R1 instructor bikes are all crash protected, courtesy of R&G – a company that sets the standard in crash protection. Even a bike falling from its side stand could cost thousands to repair, so having crash protection is essential. For more information please visit the R&G website.
Our instructors’ Yamaha R1s are fitted with Pirelli’s latest Supersport tyres – Diablo Rosso III. For more information visit the Pirelli website.
Prior to your departure to the venue please consider the following;
- If you are experiencing any of the following symptoms; a new persistent cough, a high temperature, a loss of sense of taste or smell you should not attend the venue, and you must following Public Health England advice.
- You must not attend the venue if you have at any time in the past 3 weeks knowingly been in contact with anyone who currently has or has had at any time during the past 3 weeks any symptoms relating to Coronavirus, except as a healthcare professional.
- If you live in an area which is currently restricted with local lockdown measures we ask that you check your local authority guidance. In the majority of areas travel for leisure activities is permitted, provided you remain within your household bubble. We therefore request that anyone attending the Bike Track Day event with you is from within your household bubble. Whilst in attendance of the event we ask that you adhere to the safety measures in place and maintain safe social distancing at all times. Should you have any concerns about the restrictions in your local area please contact a member of the team.
If you are unable to attend for the above reasons you must:
- Send an email to DayTeam@silverstone.co.ukas soon as you are aware.
- Notifications must reach us by 8.30am on the day of your booked Track Day. Non-notification will be treated as a no show and no refund and/or reschedule will be permitted
- Please arrange a COVID-19 swab test, sending the test results within 7 days. We will then be able to re schedule your Track Day, Rebooked Track Days must be taken within 3 months from the date of your original Track Day.
- All pre-event registration is now completed online, in advance. You will be sent links by email to the online Indemnity Form, which must be completed prior to your event
- On arrival, participants will be required to collect and apply their own wristband, where applicable. You must observe social distancing rules and there will be a queuing system in place to support this
- A member of staff will be present in the wristband collection area, behind a Perspex safety screen, to visually check licences and deal with any issues and queries
- Hand sanitiser will be widely available
- Briefings will be online for all Track days (there are no briefings on test days), a unique link to your safety briefing will be sent you via email before your event. The briefing must be watched in full 48 hours before your event day
GARAGES & PADDOCK AREAS
- On Track days, access will be restricted to one car and two people per single garage (maximum three bikes and three people per single garage on bike events)
- On car test days, access will be restricted to one car and four people per single garage
- Garages will remain fully open at all times (to the front and rear)
- Additional space in the paddock will be made available to assist with venue-wide social distancing measures
FOOD AND DRINK
- Our restaurants will be offering a takeaway service with a limited hot food menu, and safety measures such as a one-way system in place
- All customers are welcome to bring their own food and drink
- Only participants and their essential helpers may attend a Track or Test day. No-one else, including spectating friends or family members, will be permitted. Essential helpers must be aged over 16
- On Track days up to two additional drivers (three on Test days) are permitted however the vehicle must be wiped clean prior to each swap over. Each driver must travel to the venue separately, unless they are from the same household
- Access to Race Control will be restricted to essential staff only
- Under current guidelines, overnight stays are not permitted
- All payments are to be made by credit or debit card, we are currently unable to accept cash payments
- Helmet Hire will be available, all of our helmets go through a strict cleansing process between each use
- Passengers will be permitted in the vehicle, if all those in the vehicle are wearing a balaclava and full faced helmet face masks will not be required. Where this is not the case a face mask must be worn. All vehicle touch points must be sanitised between each passenger.
- In car tuition will be available on our Car Track Days, where balaclavas and full faced helmets are used a face mask will not be required. Where this is not the case a face mask must be worn.
- Face Masks are a requirement in any internal areas, such as catering facilities, or in any external area where social distancing cannot be maintained, for example multiple people working on the same area of a vehicle
When i buy a gift voucher, can the recipient decide to use it at a later date?
Many people buy vouchers for a loved one and let them choose their own date. Vouchers are available from as little as £5 here or over the phone by calling 0844 3728 329.
Do I need a motorcycle licence to attend the track day?
Yes, you’ll need a minimum of an *A2 restricted motorcycle, country equivalent or an ACU race licence to attend. *Riders must be 20 years or over.
I’ve never ridden on a track before, can I get some help?
Not to worry, a high number of our customers have never been on track before, but we will ensure you are in a group with riders of a similar ability. Your host instructor will also be on hand in between sessions for advice and tips.
What time does the day start?
Registration opens at 7am, and closes at 8.15am. Please aim to arrive in good time to park up, sign on and have a hot drink before the safety briefing at 8.20am.
My bike isn’t a sports bike - does this matter?
We have all types of road bikes brought to our track days, from naked bikes to tourers. Silverstone track days are about seeing the track as an extension of the road, regardless of what you’re riding.
Can I hire a bike?
Yes, hire bikes can be booked in advance through Track Bike Hire UK. Visit their website or telephone Jason directly on 07713 630352.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions please visit the COVID-19 Advice question above to see the availability of these extras
Is instruction available on the day?
Yes, you’ll have a host instructor who will help you with your riding. One-to-one sessions are also available to book for £30. You can have your session filmed and take it away on a USB for £50. Please see our Silverstone hostess on the day.
Do I need to do anything to my bike to ride it on track?
Your bike just needs to be road or track worthy. For more information please check out our terms and conditions/rider information.
I don’t have leathers, can I wear my textile suit?
Unfortunately, textile and Cordura suits are not permitted on UK tracks. We have Alpinestars leather suits available to hire. Add these to your booking when you book your place online or call 0844 3728 329.
Will my bike be too noisy?
Our circuit regulations include noise limits, which we monitor on a ride-by basis at 102dB. Any bikes failing this will be black flagged and tested at 105dB. If you have a baffle for your bike, please make sure it’s fitted.
Can I buy fuel at the circuit?
We have an onsite fuel station selling super unleaded fuel. All major credit/debit cards are accepted.
Is my bike insured while I’m on track?
You’ll need to contact your insurer to see if you’re covered, as some insurers offer track day cover as part of your policy. It’s not compulsory to have your bike insured on track, but if you wish to do so, and your insurer doesn’t provide this service, search online for ‘bike track day insurance’.
Is there somewhere to buy food & drink?
Yes, our Pit Stop Café will be open, selling snacks, meals and refreshments.
Is there a technician there on the day?
IDP Moto attend every event, offering tyre changes, sales and technical support. Contact them on 01327 855752.
Can I bring spectators with me on the day?
Spectators are more than welcome to come along. There are plenty of places to watch from, and the Pit Stop Café will be open, serving food and drinks.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions we are currently unable to permit any guests or spectators to our track day events.
Are children allowed to come along?
Yes, but all children aged 16 and under must be accompanied by an adult at all times. Also, children are not allowed in the garages or the pit lane.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions we are currently unable to permit any guests or spectators to our track day events.