Two of the most synonymous names in motorcycling will join forces on September 4, as Suzuki link-up with Silverstone Circuit to provide a special Suzuki track day** on the famous International circuit.
Now an annual event for the Japanese firm, this year's event boasts a highly competitively priced track day at £129, which will run out of the famous Wing pit and paddock complex and feature no-less than six Suzuki race stars*.
Suzuki GB's George Cheeseman commented, "To join forces with Silverstone Circuit to run this day is great news for any Suzuki fan. With expert tuition on hand, this day caters for all abilities, from the experienced track day junkie to those wishing to try a track day for the first time. Add in the chance to meet our racers and learn from a host of experts, this is a day not to be missed."
On top of the lengthy on track action, attendees will also profit from other benefits, including expert tuition, a chance to experience the pit set up from the Tyco Suzuki team, a £10 food voucher to exchange in the Media Cafe and all day refreshments in the garage areas, optional tours of the Wing complex, and a goodie bag too.
Suzuki riders provisionally confirmed for the day include, Josh Brookes, Leon Camier, PJ Jacobsen, Jules Cluzel, Taylor Mackenzie and John Reynolds.
*Rider attendance may vary depending on availability
** Other manufacturer bikes are permitted
You will be hosted by one of our senior instructors who will be on hand in your designated pit garage area along with special guest and Silverstone instructors to guide you through the many corners that make up the 1.85 mile International circuit.
Choose your group:
Street Sport #1£129 pp
Aimed at newcomers to track days or riders with very limited track experience who are looking for a personal touch. Practice your skills and enjoy the capability of your bike without the worry of a car pulling out, on–coming traffic or a diesel spill! With a maximum of 52 bikes and up to 7 x 15 minute sessions on track.
Street Sport #2£129 pp
Aimed at the more experienced road or track rider who only wants to ride with people who take their fun seriously, prepare their machinery properly and want room on the track to hone their skills. With a maximum of 52 bikes and up to 7 x 15 minute sessions on track.
Street Sport #3£129 pp
Street Sport 3 would typically be the advanced group on a regular bike track day. If you’re a seasoned track dayer or racer then this would be the group of choice for you. With a maximum of 52 bikes and up to 7 x 15 minute sessions on track.
To attend you will need:
- Have a motorcycle with an engine no smaller than 400cc (125cc race bike) in a road or track worthy condition (final decision machine suitability will be at the discretion of the circuit staff)
- Be aware that NO persons under the age of 18 are allowed on circuit for the track day.
- For ‘Street Sport’ #1 or Novice group have a full unrestricted or an A2 category licence issued by the DVLA (overseas country equivalent) and must be 20 years or over riding a minimum (35Kw) 47bhp motorcycle.
- For ‘Street Sport’ #2, ‘Ultimate Sport’, 'Intermediate' or 'Advanced' group have a full unrestricted licence issued by the DVLA (overseas country equivalent) and must be 20 years or over.
- Or hold an ACU licence with a minimum of 10 meetings under your belt (proof will be required at sign on) and must be 18 years or over.
- Wear a one or two piece leather suit (zipped all the way round), suitable riding boots, leather gloves and a motorcycle crash helmet of a recognised manufacturer complying with current ACU/FIM regulations.
- Inform Silverstone of any specific medical information including the taking of any medication or medical condition that could impair your ability to control a motorcycle.
*Please note: ACU licences are not accepted in the ‘Street Sport’ #1 or Novice groups.
For more information please call us on 0844 3728 329 or email us.
- Please ensure you have read our T&C's / Rider Information prior to booking. Insurance - it should be noted that standard insurance will not cover bike track day riding. Please make your own arrangements for accident cover.