Getting here is easy — reach us by road, rail, bus, bike, plane or even helicopter.
We’re set in the heart of England.
Throughout the Lap of Lights event (26 Nov-3 Jan 2022) the A43 from the Brackley, BP Roundabout to Silverstone will be closed from 20:00 - 06:00 daily. During this time we recommend following the A422 towards Buckingham before joining the Dadford Road towards Stowe and Silverstone.
Following the diversion posted above will add approx 5-10 minutes to your journey, whereas the signposted diversion will add around 30 minutes to your journey.
Please leave extra time and plan accordingly, this closure will only affect your journey to the venue, travel back towards Brackley from Silverstone is not expected to be impacted.
Easy access if you prefer to drive.
FROM THE NORTH
60 minutes south of Birmingham with road access exceptionally easy along the A43 dual carriageway from the M1 motorway.
FROM THE SOUTH
90 minutes north of central London from the M40 motorway and A43 dual carriageway.
Parking at Silverstone is easy.
Car parks open up to half an hour before gate opening times and are closed overnight – subject to change.
Check the event page for prices.
Silverstone is well supported by many rail stations close by.
- The closest station, Wolverton, is approximately 10 miles (16km) away from the circuit. It offers direct train services to London Euston, Birmingham New Street and Northampton Rail Stations.
- In the area and all under 13 miles (20km) away are Banbury, Milton Keynes and Northampton rail stations.
No need to book in advance
Stagecoach operates local bus services to and from the circuit for our key events. Just turn up on the day and pay the driver – be prepared for busy services for large events.
The drop off point is located close to the circuit entrance. Please consult the local bus service for their current timetables.
- Milton Keynes Central train station (routes 83, MK1 and X91)
- Northampton train station, Northampton bus station (routes N1, 87 and 88)
- Sixfields football ground, to Silverstone Circuit (route 87)
SUNDAY ONLY SERVICES
N1 – departs every 20 mins from 6am from North Gate Bus Station Bay 14, Northampton Rail Station
- MK1 – departs every 30 mins from Milton Keynes Rail Station Z6
Taxis are readily available at all train stations.
The drop off point at the circuit is now located in car park 25 behind the Silverstone UTC via Silverstone Village using Winterhills lane.
Book return taxis from Silverstone in advance.
Enjoy easy access from several international airports, with excellent transport links across the UK.
- 55 miles (88km) from Birmingham Airport
- 42 miles (68km) from London Luton Airport
- 67 miles (108km) from Heathrow Airport
- 89 miles (143km) from Stansted Airport