Lap of Lights
Terms and Conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS: Entry will be denied should the ticket not be presented.
The purchase of a ticket by the purchaser ("Purchaser" or "Ticket Holder") to gain entry to Silverstone Circuit the “Venue” for the Event as set out on the ticket (the “Event”) constitutes acceptance of the following terms and conditions pursuant to which Silverstone Circuits Limited (“SCL”) is prepared to grant entry to the Venue and the Event. The Event is hosted and organised by SCL.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
01. The ticket is purchased for the Event. The date of the Event and/or the support programme may be subject to change by SCL in which instance SCL will have no obligation to refund monies or exchange the ticket. Ticket Holders agree that should the date of the Event alter, their ticket(s) will be issued for the altered date(s) of the Event in which case SCL shall have no obligation to refund monies or exchange the ticket. The ticket shall remain at all time the property of SCL which has the right to recall the ticket at any time on reasonable grounds. SCL is unable to offer refunds or exchanges in respect of tickets purchased unless the Event is cancelled due to any circumstance(s) for which SCL is covered by its relevant insurance cover. To clarify, due to the nature of the Event, there is no right to cancel any ticket purchased for the Event (with the exception of the COVID Guarantee) either under the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 or otherwise.
02. Tickets are not transferable to other experiences and are strictly not to be offered for resale. No ticket for the Event shall be sold or offered for sale for any form of fee or reward or used in promotions without the prior written consent of SCL first being obtained and without complying with these terms and conditions in all respects. Tickets must only be used for personal or private use. No ticket for the Event shall be used by any person for advertising, promotional or commercial purposes including without limitation, prizes, competitions, contests or sweepstakes without the prior written consent of SCL first being obtained. If this ticket is resold or transferred for profit or for commercial benefit or gain (including as part of a promotion or prize) or as part of any hospitality package or similar arrangement by anyone without SCL’s authority it will become void and the holder may be refused entry to or ejected from the Event and/or the Venue. Ticket Holders agree to fully compensate SCL, and each of their affiliates, for all costs and expenses (including reasonable legal expenses) incurred as a direct result of all and any claims howsoever arising from any third parties as a result of the contravention of this term.
03. Tickets will be issued electronically (“E-Tickets”) with a secure barcode bespoke for each ticket. Tickets should only be purchased through SCL or an official ticket agency. Any attempt to present any other ticket will lead to refusal of admission and possible prosecution. Unauthorised vendors will be prosecuted.
04. SCL reserves the right to alter your session time without prior notice, by up to 3 hours, provided it does so at least 24 hours prior to your scheduled booked time. If this is necessary for any reason,
05. Child tickets are for children aged 15 years and under at the time of the Event. SCL reserves the right to require photographic evidence of proof of age.
06. Children using a child ticket must be accompanied, and supervised at all times, by a full paying adult. Each full paying adult may bring up to a maximum of four children. Each child ticket must have the identical status to that of the ticket presented by the accompanying adult.
07. SCL reserves the right to refuse admission and to remove persons from the Venue who do not comply with the Venue rules, these terms and conditions or who represents a security risk, nuisance or annoyance to the staging of the Event or who have in their possession prohibited items, which shall include but not be limited to:
Bags over 20 litre capacity
Glass bottles and glass containers
Restricted and illegal substances
Offensive weapons Items that are deemed dangerous, offensive or unsuitable
Drones or remote-controlled aircraft
Step ladders or any similar item which may obstruct another attendees’ view
Lasers/ Fireworks / pyrotechnics
Any items which might be subject to ambush marketing
Smoke canister Tents and shelters
Four-wheeled carry carts (doesn’t include those used to carry children, but must be empty at the gate)
Powered scooters (excluding disability scooters) / hover boards
Sun parasols and Umbrellas
Alcohol Personal food or drink is not permitted in the Lodge with the exception of baby food or medical requirements.
08. SCL further reserves the right to conduct security searches of persons and their belongings to ensure the safety of persons at the Event. Pass-outs and re-admissions to the Venue shall be granted at SCL’s discretion. Re-admission shall only be possible if E-Tickets have been scanned on departure and then scanned again upon re-entry.
09. SCL reserves the right to make amendments to these terms and conditions from time to time where it has a valid reason to do so (including, without limitation, a change in the security or public safety requirements of the Venue). A full copy of the latest version of the terms and conditions (as amended, if appropriate) will be available at www.silverstone.co.uk. SCL shall notify you of such changes via email to the email address you provided when purchasing your tickets if they materially affect your rights as a consumer.
10. Smoking and vaping are strictly prohibited in any of the Venue’s enclosed areas. There will be a designated smoking area created outside of the Lodge.
12. No animals (excluding assistance dogs) will be admitted to the Venue or any car parks. All registered assistance dogs are welcome. However, before your arrival please email us on [email protected] so that the necessary arrangements can be made.
13. Ticket Holders must not make, create, store, record or transmit any kind of sound recording, visual footage or audio-visual footage (“Recording”), or store, record or transmit any information or other data, including official timing, results, performance, telemetry, weather or race control data (“Data”) of, at or in relation to the Event. It is forbidden to take into the Venue any equipment that may enable you to do the aforementioned acts. Personal electronic devices (including still image cameras, mobile telephones and other personal communications devices) are permitted within the Venue, unless otherwise advised, provided that any Recording, Data and any image, including photographic images, and any still pictures derived or capable of being derived from a Recording (”Image”) of the Event that is recorded, stored and/or created thereon is used solely for personal and private non-commercial purposes. As a condition of entry to the Event you agree that (a) the use of any such Recording, Data or Image, for any form of public advertisement or display, or for profit or commercial gain or for any other purposes including without limit for display on any internet site (except the private enjoyment of the person making or storing the Recording, Data or Image) without the prior written consent of SCL is strictly forbidden and will constitute a breach of these terms and conditions for which you may be liable; (b) on request by SCL you shall assign to or SCL in writing the copyright and all other intellectual property in any Image or Recording you create, make, store or record of, at, or in relation to the Event; (c) you consent to SCL (and by any third party authorised by SCL from time to time) for the purposes of or in connection with any publication, exhibition or broadcast (including any advertising or promotional literature, campaign or material) in any media worldwide, in perpetuity and on a royalty-free basis, and approved by SCL of any still or moving picture images taken at the Event where such image includes any image of you, your voice or your likeness and you waive any and all of your personality and privacy rights to the extent necessary to permit such use; and (d) transfer any profits made on such a Recording, Data or Image to SCL as requested.
14. Only official merchandising and approved Trade Stands are on sale inside the Venue. No unauthorised trading is permitted within the Venue, in any official car parking facility or any other land owned or operated by SCL.
15. The use of drones or similar equipment, for any reason, is prohibited on or near the Event.
16. No person may use the name of the Event or part there of (nor any abbreviation or foreign language version thereof) nor any logo or graphic device of or relating to the Event for any commercial purpose whatsoever without the prior written consent of SCL first being obtained, exercisable in SCL. SCL is the sole owner of the Venue Logos and all copyright, trade marks (whether registered or unregistered) and other intellectual property rights and goodwill associated with the Venue are owned by SCL. All rights reserved.
17. SCL, TBA, (SUCH PARTIES TO INCLUDE WHERE RELEVANT ALL DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, CONTRACTORS AND AFFILIATED COMPANIES) SHALL, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, NOT LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS, INJURY OR DAMAGE ("LOSS"), HOWSOEVER CAUSED, TO: - ANY TICKET HOLDERS (EXCEPT WHERE AND ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT ANY SUCH LOSS IS CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF SCL, ITS EMPLOYEES OR AUTHORISED AGENTS); OR - ANY TICKET HOLDER PROPERTY.
18. NOTHING IN THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SEEKS TO EXCLUDE OR LIMIT THE LIABILITY OF ANY PARTY IN RESPECT OF DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY CAUSED BY ITS NEGLIGENCE OR ANY OTHER LIABILITY WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED AT LAW. The exclusions and limitations of liability in these terms and conditions are for the benefit of all parties named in Clause 19 and can be directly enforced by them.
19. SCL will not be liable for any delay in performing its obligations as a result of any act, event, omission or accident beyond the reasonable control of SCL including without limitation Coronavirus*, pandemic, epidemic, outbreak, disease, quarantine, public order disturbance, flood, storm, adverse weather condition, natural event, fire, strike, lock-out or other industrial dispute, nuclear accident, act of God, war, terrorist activity, riot, civil commotion, malicious damage, act of government, compliance with any change to law, statutory guidance, non-statutory guidance, rule, regulation and/or direction, accident, breakdown of plant or machinery, non-performance by suppliers or subcontractors (other than by companies in the same group as SCL) and interruption or failure of utility or service. For the avoidance of doubt the COVID-19 booking guarantee available here.
20. In the interests of public safety, SCL reserves the right to request Ticket Holders to leave the Venue at any time for safety reasons or immediately after the Event. There shall be no admission or re-admission after the end of the Event.
21. During the Event the noise level may be very loud within the Venue. You acknowledge that the noise levels may be very loud during the Experience. In addition, the Experience will include the use of pyrotechnics, lasers and other flashing/strobe/ bright lighting. You acknowledge and accept (both on your own behalf and on behalf of all the other occupants of the vehicle) the risks caused by noise and the use of such pyrotechnics, lasers and other flashing/strobe /bright lighting and agree that you will take all precautions necessary to minimise any risks associated with such noise and the use of such pyrotechnics, lasers and other flashing/strobe/bright lighting. You should not participate (and you should procure that no other occupant of the vehicle will participate) in the Event if you or any participant are sensitive to the presence of noise and/or pyrotechnics, lasers and other flashing/strobe /bright lighting or if the same might cause any risk or upset to you or any participant.
22. While at the Venue Ticket Holders should always keep to the designated paths.
23. SCL reserves the right to impose and/or update such health restrictions, warnings or guidance at any time as a condition of admittance to, and/or in relation to behaviour at, the Venue as SCL considers appropriate, taking in account current circumstances at that time or in response to any guidance or requirements issued by the Government, Public Health England, any other governmental, judicial or regulatory authority or issued by any rights holder or governing body. Any requirements, changes or updates will be communicated via the SCL website, email or notices at the Venue.
25. Admittance to the Venue is subject to adherence to the rules and regulations of the Venue including all health restrictions imposed and it is the responsibility of all visitors to ensure they are able to comply with such rules and regulations. Any breach of the rules and regulations may result in SCL refusing admission to the Venue or ejecting the Ticket Holder(s) from the Venue without refund or compensation. Anyone suspected of being under the influence of alcohol or drugs or who in the reasonable opinion of SCL is conducting themselves in a manner inappropriate to their continued attendance will not be permitted to participate in the Experience.
26. The safety measures introduced by SCL are designed to reduce the risks identified in connection with the health restriction, but it is not possible to completely eradicate this risk. It is each Ticket Holder’s sole decision to attend the Venue acknowledging that they do so at their own risk. Ticket Holders are responsible for their own health and safety and must not solely rely on the measures put in place by SCL. The very nature of Experiences means that some personal risk may be involved in taking part in our Experiences and you are deemed to acknowledge and accept such risk on your own behalf and on behalf of any person who participates in the Experience.
27. Silverstone Circuits Limited (Company registration no. 882843) registered office is at Silverstone Circuit, Northamptonshire NN12 8TN.
29. The below are summaries of cover. Any fraud, misstatement or concealment in relation to these schemes shall render the relevant insurance or indemnity null and void and all claims forfeited:
30. SCL maintains third party and public liability insurance cover for its operations involved in Experiences.
31. WHERE TWO VEHICLES COLLIDE AND THE FAULT IS WITH ONE OR BOTH OF THE DRIVERS. IN SUCH CIRCUMSTANCES, THIS WILL NEED TO BE DEALT WITH IN THE SAME WAY AS A NORMAL ROAD TRAFFIC ACCIDENT AND THE NORMAL INSURANCE REQUIREMENTS APPLY UNDER THE ROAD TRAFFIC ACT 1991.
32. SCL reserves all rights in relation to any damage which is caused or contributed to by you or any of the occupants of the vehicle to any third party or property, and you agree to fully indemnify SCL and its parent and subsidiary companies and their respective officers or employees from and against all and any claims which arise, as a consequence of your reckless and/or negligent conduct whether during any Experience or otherwise.
CONDITIONS RELATING TO YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE LAP OF LIGHTS EVENT
33. All drivers must hold a full and current UK (or equivalent) driving licence as at the date they are scheduled to take part in the Event.
34. In connection with your participation in the Event, you warrant to SCL that:
35. your vehicle has appropriate motor insurance cover in place;
36. your vehicle is road taxed and, if required, has a valid MoT; and
37. you and your vehicle will comply with the normal rules of road safety which are applicable on public roads; and
38. you will comply with all speed limits imposed in connection with the event and within the Venue; and
39. the vehicle will be driven at all times by a person with a full and current UK (or equivalent) driving licence and who is insured to drive the vehicle; and
40. you will not have consumed any alcohol or drugs prior to your Event which may affect your ability to participate in the Lap of Lights; and
41. that you will at all times whilst both at the Venue and during the Event comply immediately and fully with all instructions (including but not limited to any safety instructions/briefing, any safety standards and any instructions from any stewards) given to you by or on behalf of SCL.
42. SCL adopts a zero-tolerance approach to a breach of any of the above warranties and reserves the right to refuse access to the Venue and/or participation in the Event in the event that the driver or any of the occupants of the vehicle are in any breach of any of the above warranties.
43. Notwithstanding, the above warranties SCL reserves the right to refuse participation in an Experience to any person(s) suspected of being under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs whether as a driver or a passenger.
44. The safety of all participants of the Event is of paramount importance to SCL. In the event that any driver or other occupant of your vehicle involved in the Event (a) fails to adhere to safety rules, (b) is unable to remain in full control of the vehicle, or (c) makes contact with another vehicle, (d) is involved in an accident, (e) behaves in an inappropriate or unacceptable manner, your Experience may be curtailed immediately and you and the other occupants of your vehicle may be required to leave the Venue.
CONDTIONS RELATING TO YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE ICE TRAK EXPEREINCE
45. The Ice Trak will operate in almost all-weather conditions. Occasionally, inclement weather can disrupt an open-air event. In the unlikely event any session is cancelled or curtailed refunds will only be given if such cancellation or curtailment occurs after less than 30 minutes of skating time has taken place in the session in which case ticket holders will be offered alternative sessions (subject to availability).
46. Smoking, Vaping, eating, drinking and the use of photographic and recording equipment or mobile phones is prohibited whilst ice skating or on any ride/game, for health and safety reasons.
47. Each visitor is responsible for arriving, 20 mins before the session time starts. SCL is not liable for late arrivals and missed sessions and is not obliged to refund tickets or reallocate a new session time.
48. Each skating session is 45mins long, starting at the time stated on the ticket. Ticket holders will not be permitted to continue skating once their allocated session is over.
49. Ice Skating can be hazardous as such no person is allowed to be picked up or carried on the Ice. TICKET HOLDERS ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THEY MAY BE EXPOSED TO POSSIBLE RISK OF PHYSICAL HARM DUE TO THE NATURE OF THE EXPERIENCE. SCL, AND ANY THIRD PARTIES ELECTED BY SCL (INCLUDING MEDICAL STAFF), SHALL, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, NOT LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS, INJURY OR DAMAGE ("LOSS"), HOWSOEVER CAUSED, TO: - ANY TICKET HOLDERS (EXCEPT WHERE AND ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT ANY SUCH LOSS IS CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF SCL, ITS EMPLOYEES OR AUTHORISED AGENTS); OR - ANY TICKET HOLDER PROPERTY.
50. Ice Trak Minimum Age Policy – The minimum age requirement for any customer to use the ice rink is 3 years and over.
51. Children 12 years and under must be accompanied by an Adult/Guardian aged 16 years or older. SCL reserves the right to refuse entry to the Ice Trak for any customer under this age requirement.
52. Disabled Access – The Ice Trak does cater for disabled users. You can apply for a complimentary PA ticket here . SCL does not provide a Personal Assistant, nor has the staffing capacity to provide a Personal Assistant
53. Skating Aids will be available to Hire at a cost of £5 (card only) for your Skating session only. They will be allocated on a first come/ first serve basis. Skating Aids are only to be used by any person 1.2 metres in height or below. SCL reserve the right to remove Skating Aids from people above this height and no refund will be issued.
CONDITIONS RELATING TO YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE LODGE EXPERIENCES
54. The Lodge is not a ticketed experience and access will be granted on a first come first serve basis. SCL reserves the right to refuse admission. Experiences inside the Lodge may be ticketed on a first come first serve basis.
55. Some experiences inside the Lodge and Garages are ticketed and are subject to availability. SCL will endeavour to cater these experiences to as many people as possible. A valid ticket must be produced to permit access to such experiences.
56. Some experiences might be age restricted and as such SCL reserve the right to refuse entry if valid proof of age can’t be shown.
57. All experiences must be used in accordance with the operator’s instructions, available on signage next to the experience.
58. Please note that some medical conditions preclude certain participants from taking part and that by booking the Experience participants certify they are medically fit to undertake and participate in the Experience. For further details please see the Frequently Asked Questions.
59. Participants with pre-existing medical conditions such as disability, injury, heart condition should refer to the Frequently Asked Questions.
FORCE MAJEURE AND THE WEATHER
60. The Event and all Experiences are offered subject to availability of dates, facilities and any act, event, omission or accident beyond the reasonable control of SCL including without limitation pandemic, epidemic, outbreak, disease, quarantine, public order disturbance, flood, storm, adverse weather condition (including, without limitation, snow) , natural event, fire, strike, lock-out or other industrial dispute even if not beyond the reasonable control of SCL, nuclear accident, act of God, war, terrorist activity, riot, civil commotion, malicious damage, act of government, compliance with any change to law, statutory guidance, non-statutory guidance, rule, regulation and/or direction, accident, breakdown of plant or machinery, non-performance by suppliers or subcontractors and interruption or failure of utility or service.
61. If SCL is unable to run the Event or Experience due to extreme adverse weather conditions or other events beyond SCL’s control SCL will offer you an alternative date (subject to availability) and if that is not possible a full refund will be offered.
62. Your statutory rights are not affected by these Terms and Conditions.
2021– OFFICIAL CIRCUIT PARKING
63. All vehicles (and their contents) parked within any car park operated by Silverstone Circuits Limited (“SCL”) are left at the owners’ sole risk. SCL shall not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by owners arising from their use of any SCL car park (including damage to owners’ vehicles and/or their contents), except where and only to the extent that any such loss or damage is caused by the negligence of SCL, its employees or authorised agents. SCL reserves the right to move any vehicle it deems necessary due to logistical, safety or similar reasons.
64. It is a condition of admission to Silverstone Circuit and any SCL car parks that no animals are allowed within such areas, with the exception of registered assistance dogs whose attendance has been approved by SCL prior to the Event, and owners acknowledge that SCL personnel or their appointed contractor shall be entitled to enter any vehicle by whatever means necessary at the owner’s cost in the event that any animal has been left within a vehicle.
65. Owners and passengers alike must at all times act responsibly and with due regard to safety whilst in any SCL car park (either on foot or whilst driving). SCL reserves the right to refuse admission and/or eject any person(s) found in breach of these conditions or the conditions of entry to Silverstone Circuit. SCL reserves the right to relocate those who have purchased circuit parking to an alternative SCL car park / park and ride location in the event that the designated area is unavailable. SCL shall not be liable for any loss or damage caused in the event that any SCL car park or park and ride site is unavailable due to reasons beyond SCL’s control.
66. Where applicable, the passes and route directions for coach transfers will be sent to the email address details provided at time of booking.