Forward thinking, world class, professional medical services
For all visitors to the home of British motorsport
Our dynamic team of medical professionals provides exceptional care in the pre-hospital environment - making us one of the best on-site medical services of any of the major motor racing circuits in the world. We look after competitors, team members, spectators, contractors and Silverstone staff alike – anyone at the venue that needs us.
The Silverstone Medical Team is a multi-disciplinary group of clinicians, most of whom are normally employed in the NHS or in private practice.
The number of personnel on duty varies according to the nature of the track activity – for our largest event, the Formula 1 British Grand Prix, there are over 100 medical staff working at the venue, with around 20 of those being based in the Medical Centre.
- Doctors (predominantly anaesthetists, surgeons, emergency medicine specialists and GPs)
- Emergency Medical Technicians and Emergency Care Assistants
- Radiographers and Sonographers
The Silverstone Medical Centre, which is located in the centre of the circuit adjacent to the National Pits and Paddock, meets or exceeds the requirements of both national and international motorsport governing bodies and is registered with the Care Quality Commission.
The Medical Centre facilities include the following:
- 4 bay Resuscitation Room
- 2 x 4 bay Observation Areas
- 2 bay Minor Treatment Room
- Imaging Suite (equipped with the latest digital x-ray and ultrasound equipment courtesy of Philips Healthcare)
Our medical professionals are offering a range of ‘Qualsafe’ first aid and basic life support courses directly to businesses and the community.
The range of courses can be bespoke if required, holding groups of up to 12 participants per trainer.
- QA Level 3 Award in First Aid at work – 3 Days
- QA Level 3 Award in First Aid at work (annual refresher)
- QA Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid – 2 Days
- QA Level 3 Award in Emergency First Aid at work – 1 Day
- QA Level 3 Award in Emergency Paediatric First Aid – 1 Day
- QA Level 2 Award in Basic Life Support / Automatic External Defibrillation – 5 Hours
- QA Level 2 Award in Basic Life Support and Management of Anaphylaxis – 5 Hours
Be trained by one of the best on-site medical centres of any of the major motor racing circuits in the world. Use the form to get in touch for more information, or to book.
We operate our own fleet of medical vehicles, including 4 fast intervention cars and 5 ambulances. For lisenced race meetings, these can be seen positioned at various locations around the track, ready to respond. This enables our highly skilled medical personnel to reach the scene of any incident and initiate life-saving medical interventions within seconds, before transferring the patient back to the Medical Centre for further treatment and stabilisation.
We are proud to have some of the most advanced technology available and a dedicated landing site for medical helicopters, with a flying time to the nearest Major Trauma Centre of 12 minutes.
Additional track safety resources operated by the Silverstone Marshal Team include fire tenders and rescue units.