Terms and Conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS: Entry will be denied should the ticket not be presented.
The purchase of a ticket by the purchaser ("Purchaser" or "Ticket Holder") to gain entry to Silverstone Circuit the “Venue” for the Event as set out on the ticket (the “Event”) constitutes acceptance of the following terms and conditions pursuant to which Silverstone Circuits Limited (“SCL”) is prepared to grant entry to the Venue and the Event. The Event is hosted and organised by SCL and Pennine Events Ltd (‘’PE’’)
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF ENTRY AND PARTICIPATION IN CHALLENGE SILVERSTONE
1. Participants must acknowledge that the Challenge Silverstone events are not a race.
2. When cycling and running, participants must acknowledge this is potentially hazardous. Participants should be in a reasonable state of health and by registering they are confirming they are in good health and are capable of completing the event.
3. SCL and PE cannot be held responsible for personal accident, injury, loss or damage occurred during the event.
4. Any costs incurred as a result of participant rescue or injury are to be covered by the participant and not SCL or PE.
5. SCL and PE do not accept responsibility for the actions of participants
6. Participants must wear the event number provided at all times during the event.
7. Participants must follow the instruction of event staff, stewards and signage at all times.
8. Event rules and regulations will be stated within the event information booklet as created by SCL and PE– these must be followed at all times.
9. Participants cannot change the named rider once registered.
10. Registration can only be completed by a person aged 18yrs or over.
11. Participants under the age of 18 years MUST be accompanied by a responsible person over the age of 18 years old. Silverstone Circuits Limited reserve the right to request photo identification and/or proof of age from participants at any point. Failure to comply may result in being withdrawn from the event.
12. Participants accept the age entry criteria as detailed below and as such SCL do not accept responsibility for any persons that fall outside of the categories detailed.
13. All participants must wear appropriate safety equipment when taking part. It is highly recommended that a helmet must be worn at all times when cycling.
14. Participants must be considerate to all other participants and non -participants at all times.
15. For cycling, please ensure that you ride in single file and no more than two abreast where necessary.
16. SCL and PE reserve the right to make changes and adjustments to any route at any point prior to the event day.
17. All route signage must be followed, any participant not following the route is therefore outside of the event and not the responsibility of SCL or PE.
18. SCL and PE promises to do all in their power to ensure that all routes are of the advertised distance, although all route distances advertised are estimates. SCL and PE are entitled to adjust the routes on the event day in an emergency situation without giving prior notice to participants.
19. SCL and PE will close the event concession areas and finish at a specified time, any participant who has not reached the concession areas or returned to the event finish by this set time is no longer the responsibility of SCL and PE.
20. Participants do not need to inform event organisers if they are not participating or completing the event.
21. The ticket is purchased for the Event. The date of the Event and/or the support programme may be subject to change by SCL in which instance SCL will have no obligation to refund monies or exchange the ticket. Ticket Holders agree that should the date of the Event alter, their ticket(s) will be issued for the altered date(s) of the Event in which case SCL shall have no obligation to refund monies or exchange the ticket. The ticket shall remain at all time the property of SCL which has the right to recall the ticket at any time on reasonable grounds. SCL is unable to offer refunds or exchanges in respect of tickets purchased unless the Event is cancelled due to any circumstance(s) for which SCL is covered by its relevant insurance cover. To clarify, due to the nature of the Event, there is no right to cancel any ticket purchased for the Event under the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 or otherwise.
22. Tickets are not transferable to other experiences and are strictly not to be offered for resale. No ticket for the Event shall be sold or offered for sale for any form of fee or reward or used in promotions without the prior written consent of SCL first being obtained and without complying with these terms and conditions in all respects. Tickets must only be used for personal or private use. No ticket for the Event shall be used by any person for advertising, promotional or commercial purposes including without limitation, prizes, competitions, contests or sweepstakes without the prior written consent of SCL first being obtained. If this ticket is resold or transferred for profit or for commercial benefit or gain (including as part of a promotion or prize) or as part of any hospitality package or similar arrangement by anyone without SCL’s authority it will become void and the holder may be refused entry to or ejected from the Event and/or the Venue. Ticket Holders agree to fully compensate SCL, and each of their affiliates, for all costs and expenses (including reasonable legal expenses) incurred as a direct result of all and any claims howsoever arising from any third parties as a result of the contravention of this term.
23. Tickets will be issued electronically (“E-Tickets”) with a secure barcode bespoke for each ticket. Tickets should only be purchased through SCL or an official ticket agency. Any attempt to present any other ticket will lead to refusal of admission and possible prosecution. Unauthorised vendors will be prosecuted.
24.SCL reserves the right to alter your session time without prior notice, by up to 3 hours. If this is necessary for any reason.
25. AGE RESTRICTIONS • Silverstone Half Marathon – over 16 years only* • Family Festival Ride 10k and Conquer the Track 20k – Open to all ages* • Silverstone 10K and 5K – Open to all ages* *All participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult over the age of 18 years. It is the responsibility of the parent or guardian of the entrant to ensure that participants under the age of 18 years can complete the chosen route within the allocated time. Children under the age of 16 years are FREE. Silverstone Circuits Limited reserve the right to request photo identification and/or proof of age from participants at any point. Failure to comply may result in being withdrawn from the event.
26. Children must be supervised at all times, by a full paying adult. Each full paying adult may bring up to a maximum of four children. Each child ticket must have the identical status to that of the ticket presented by the accompanying adult.
27. All spectators will need a valid ticket. Spectators are free of charge, but will still need a valid ticket to enter the venue.
28. SCL reserves the right to refuse admission and to remove persons from the Venue who do not comply with the Venue rules, these terms and conditions or who represents a security risk, nuisance or annoyance to the staging of the Event or who have in their possession prohibited items, which shall include but not be limited to: Bags over 20 litre capacity Glass bottles and glass containers BBQs Restricted and illegal substances Offensive weapons Items that are deemed dangerous, offensive or unsuitable Drones or remote-controlled aircraft Step ladders or any similar item which may obstruct another attendees’ view Lasers/ Fireworks / pyrotechnics Any items which might be subject to ambush marketing Smoke canister Tents and shelters Four-wheeled carry carts (doesn’t include those used to carry children, but must be empty at the gate) Powered scooters (excluding disability scooters) / hover boards Electric cycles Sun parasols and Umbrellas
29. SCL further reserves the right to conduct security searches of persons and their belongings to ensure the safety of persons at the Event. Pass-outs and re-admissions to the Venue shall be granted at SCL’s discretion. Re-admission shall only be possible if E-Tickets have been scanned on departure and then scanned again upon re-entry.
30. SCL reserves the right to make amendments to these terms and conditions from time to time where it has a valid reason to do so (including, without limitation, a change in the security or public safety requirements of the Venue). A full copy of the latest version of the terms and conditions (as amended, if appropriate) will be available at www.silverstone.co.uk. SCL shall notify you of such changes via email to the email address you provided when purchasing your tickets if they materially affect your rights as a consumer.
31. Smoking and vaping are strictly prohibited in any of the Venue’s enclosed areas.
33. Each participant agrees to assign and grant the right and permission for Silverstone Circuits Limited and the associated event partners to use and publish any photographs, film, video and/or sound recordings of the participant on any Silverstone Circuits Limited activity. The participant hereby releases Silverstone Circuits Limited and their event partners from any and all liability from such use and promotion. The participant authorises the reproduction, sale, copyright, exhibit, and broadcast, electronic storage and/or distribution of said photographs, film, video tapes, electronic representations and/or sound recordings without limitation at the discretion of Silverstone Circuits Limited. The participant specifically waives any right to any compensation they may have for appearing in any of the photographs, film, video and/or sound recordings of the participant at a Silverstone Circuits Limited event.
34. No animals (excluding assistance dogs) will be admitted to the Venue or any car parks. All registered assistance dogs are welcome. However, before your arrival please email us on [email protected] so that the necessary arrangements can be made.
35. Ticket Holders must not make, create, store, record or transmit any kind of sound recording, visual footage or audio-visual footage (“Recording”), or store, record or transmit any information or other data, including official timing, results, performance, telemetry, weather or race control data (“Data”) of, at or in relation to the Event. It is forbidden to take into the Venue any equipment that may enable you to do the aforementioned acts. Personal electronic devices (including still image cameras, mobile telephones and other personal communications devices) are permitted within the Venue, unless otherwise advised, provided that any Recording, Data and any image, including photographic images, and any still pictures derived or capable of being derived from a Recording (”Image”) of the Event that is recorded, stored and/or created thereon is used solely for personal and private non-commercial purposes. As a condition of entry to the Event you agree that (a) the use of any such Recording, Data or Image, for any form of public advertisement or display, or for profit or commercial gain or for any other purposes including without limit for display on any internet site (except the private enjoyment of the person making or storing the Recording, Data or Image) without the prior written consent of SCL is strictly forbidden and will constitute a breach of these terms and conditions for which you may be liable; (b) on request by SCL you shall assign to or SCL in writing the copyright and all other intellectual property in any Image or Recording you create, make, store or record of, at, or in relation to the Event; (c) you consent to SCL (and by any third party authorised by SCL from time to time) for the purposes of or in connection with any publication, exhibition or broadcast (including any advertising or promotional literature, campaign or material) in any media worldwide, in perpetuity and on a royalty-free basis, and approved by SCL of any still or moving picture images taken at the Event where such image includes any image of you, your voice or your likeness and you waive any and all of your personality and privacy rights to the extent necessary to permit such use; and (d) transfer any profits made on such a Recording, Data or Image to SCL as requested.
36. Only official merchandising and approved Trade Stands are on sale inside the Venue. No unauthorised trading is permitted within the Venue, in any official car parking facility or any other land owned or operated by SCL.
37. The use of drones or similar equipment, for any reason, is prohibited on or near the Event.
38. No person may use the name of the Event or part there of (nor any abbreviation or foreign language version thereof) nor any logo or graphic device of or relating to the Event for any commercial purpose whatsoever without the prior written consent of SCL first being obtained, exercisable in SCL. SCL is the sole owner of the Venue Logos and all copyright, trade marks (whether registered or unregistered) and other intellectual property rights and goodwill associated with the Venue are owned by SCL. All rights reserved.
39. SCL, PE, (SUCH PARTIES TO INCLUDE WHERE RELEVANT ALL DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, CONTRACTORS AND AFFILIATED COMPANIES) SHALL, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, NOT LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS, INJURY OR DAMAGE ("LOSS"), HOWSOEVER CAUSED, TO: - ANY TICKET HOLDERS (EXCEPT WHERE AND ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT ANY SUCH LOSS IS CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF SCL, ITS EMPLOYEES OR AUTHORISED AGENTS); OR - ANY TICKET HOLDER PROPERTY.
40. NOTHING IN THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SEEKS TO EXCLUDE OR LIMIT THE LIABILITY OF ANY PARTY IN RESPECT OF DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY CAUSED BY ITS NEGLIGENCE OR ANY OTHER LIABILITY WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED AT LAW. The exclusions and limitations of liability in these terms and conditions are for the benefit of all parties named in Clause 19 and can be directly enforced by them.
41. SCL will not be liable for any delay in performing its obligations as a result of any act, event, omission or accident beyond the reasonable control of SCL including without limitation Coronavirus*, pandemic, epidemic, outbreak, disease, quarantine, public order disturbance, flood, storm, adverse weather condition, natural event, fire, strike, lock-out or other industrial dispute, nuclear accident, act of God, war, terrorist activity, riot, civil commotion, malicious damage, act of government, compliance with any change to law, statutory guidance, non-statutory guidance, rule, regulation and/or direction, accident, breakdown of plant or machinery, non-performance by suppliers or subcontractors (other than by companies in the same group as SCL) and interruption or failure of utility or service.
42. In the interests of public safety, SCL reserves the right to request Ticket Holders to leave the Venue at any time for safety reasons or immediately after the Event. There shall be no admission or re-admission after the end of the Event. 41. During the Event the noise level may be very loud within the Venue. You acknowledge that the noise levels may be very loud during the Event. You should not participate in the Event if you or any participant are sensitive to the presence of noise.
43. SCL reserves the right to impose and/or update such health restrictions, warnings or guidance at any time as a condition of admittance to, and/or in relation to behaviour at, the Venue as SCL considers appropriate, taking in account current circumstances at that time or in response to any guidance or requirements issued by the Government, Public Health England, any other governmental, judicial or regulatory authority or issued by any rights holder or governing body. Any requirements, changes or updates will be communicated via the SCL website, email or notices at the Venue.
44. Admittance to the Venue is subject to adherence to the rules and regulations of the Venue including all health restrictions imposed and it is the responsibility of all visitors to ensure they are able to comply with such rules and regulations. Any breach of the rules and regulations may result in SCL refusing admission to the Venue or ejecting the Ticket Holder(s) from the Venue without refund or compensation. Anyone suspected of being under the influence of alcohol or drugs or who in the reasonable opinion of SCL is conducting themselves in a manner inappropriate to their continued attendance will not be permitted to participate in the Experience.
45. The safety measures introduced by SCL are designed to reduce the risks identified in connection with the health restriction, but it is not possible to completely eradicate this risk. It is each Ticket Holder’s sole decision to attend the Venue acknowledging that they do so at their own risk. Ticket Holders are responsible for their own health and safety and must not solely rely on the measures put in place by SCL. The very nature of Experiences means that some personal risk may be involved in taking part in our Experiences and you are deemed to acknowledge and accept such risk on your own behalf and on behalf of any person who participates in the Experience.
46. Silverstone Circuits Limited (Company registration no. 882843) registered office is at Silverstone Circuit, Northamptonshire NN12 8TN.
48. Please note that some medical conditions preclude certain participants from taking part and that by booking the Experience participants certify they are medically fit to undertake and participate in the Experience. For further details please see the Frequently Asked Questions.
49. Participants with pre-existing medical conditions such as disability, injury, heart condition should refer to the Frequently Asked Questions. FORCE MAJEURE AND THE WEATHER
50. The Event and all Experiences are offered subject to availability of dates, facilities and any act, event, omission or accident beyond the reasonable control of SCL including without limitation pandemic, epidemic, outbreak, disease, quarantine, public order disturbance, flood, storm, adverse weather condition (including, without limitation, snow) , natural event, fire, strike, lock-out or other industrial dispute even if not beyond the reasonable control of SCL, nuclear accident, act of God, war, terrorist activity, riot, civil commotion, malicious damage, act of government, compliance with any change to law, statutory guidance, non-statutory guidance, rule, regulation and/or direction, accident, breakdown of plant or machinery, non-performance by suppliers or subcontractors and interruption or failure of utility or service.
51. If SCL is unable to run the Event or Experience due to extreme adverse weather conditions or other events beyond SCL’s control SCL will offer you an alternative date (subject to availability) STATUTORY RIGHTS
52. Your statutory rights are not affected by these Terms and Conditions. 2022– OFFICIAL CIRCUIT PARKING
53. All vehicles (and their contents) parked within any car park operated by Silverstone Circuits Limited (“SCL”) are left at the owners’ sole risk. SCL shall not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by owners arising from their use of any SCL car park (including damage to owners’ vehicles and/or their contents), except where and only to the extent that any such loss or damage is caused by the negligence of SCL, its employees or authorised agents. SCL reserves the right to move any vehicle it deems necessary due to logistical, safety or similar reasons.
54. It is a condition of admission to Silverstone Circuit and any SCL car parks that no animals are allowed within such areas, with the exception of registered assistance dogs whose attendance has been approved by SCL prior to the Event, and owners acknowledge that SCL personnel or their appointed contractor shall be entitled to enter any vehicle by whatever means necessary at the owner’s cost in the event that any animal has been left within a vehicle.
55. Owners and passengers alike must at all times act responsibly and with due regard to safety whilst in any SCL car park (either on foot or whilst driving). SCL reserves the right to refuse admission and/or eject any person(s) found in breach of these conditions or the conditions of entry to Silverstone Circuit. SCL reserves the right to relocate those who have purchased circuit parking to an alternative SCL car park / park and ride location in the event that the designated area is unavailable. SCL shall not be liable for any loss or damage caused in the event that any SCL car park or park and ride site is unavailable due to reasons beyond SCL’s control.
56. Where applicable, the passes and route directions for coach transfers will be sent to the email address details provided at time of booking. PERSONAL INFORMATION
58. Your data will only be shared with event organisers Pennine Events Limited and associated event partners who are integral to the operation of the event. The associated partners are listed below.
59. We will share your personal data (First name, Last Name, Participant Number and Email Address) with Marathon Photographers, who will send you a link via email to your official race photos.
60. We will share your personal data (First Name, Last Name, Age, Participant Number) with Results Base for the purposes of all time chipped races.
61. We may collect personal data that includes "Sensitive" or "Special Categories" of personal data (also known as "Special Category Data"), such as: details about your gender, information about your health, genetic and biometric data and certain medical and health information (including whether or not you are a wheelchair user) and where required to ensure a safe environment and adherence to government instructions and guidelines.
62. All special category data will only be shared with event organisers, Pennine Events Limited in cases of emergency. 60. This special category data will only be kept for as long as we need it for the operational purposes of the event.
63. All special category data will be deleted from all records within 7 days of the event taking place.
64. Each participant agrees to assign and grant the right and permission for Silverstone Circuits Limited and the associated event partners to use their registration data for operational purposes at the Challenge Silverstone events.
CODE OF CONDUCT
Above are the event terms and conditions which all participants in the event must abide by at all times.
Rider/runner safety is very important to us; we therefore ask that you follow these simple steps to ensure participants stay safe during the ride/run:
• It is always your responsibility to practice safety and adhere to code of conduct, including not using your mobile phone while cycling and/or running.
• Do not race or speed on any part of the circuit. Be considerate of the nature of an event.
• Always follow the official route and direction signage. There will be stewards ONLY at key points.
• Be aware of others around you and do not take any sudden actions without warning. • Be considerate of other cyclists/runners, as participants will have a variety of abilities.
• Act responsibly at all times.
• Please do not ride more than two-abreast.
• Be aware that other participants (specially in cycling events) may overtake. Please keep left and ride in single file where possible.
• Find a suitable place to stop and fix any bike problems. Mechanical support will be available should you be unable to repair your problem but please be patient if the mechanics are attending to another call.
• Runners -Wear your event number on your front until after you have completed the run.
• Riders – Ensure your event number id fixed to the handlebars of your bike until after you have completed your ride.
• Do not drop litter. Use the bins provided in the start/finish area or service areas.
Finally, the event is not a race. Please watch your speed for your own safety and the safety of others.