Formula 1 Pirelli British Grand Prix
Code of Conduct
The Formula 1 British Grand Prix is one of the events selected to be part of the UK Government's Events Research Programme (ERP) which aims to examine the risk of transmission of Covid-19 from attendance at events and explore ways to enable more people to attend a wide range of events safely. Your attendance at the event implies your acceptance to be part of the ERP.
To help protect you and fellow spectators and to assist our staff and stewards on site, you must comply with the following Code of Conduct in relation to COVID-19 management. This Code of Conduct is applicable as it forms part of the Terms and Conditions for attending the Formula 1 Pirelli British Grand Prix, the Silverstone Interactive Museum and the Silverstone Golf Club.
01. Ticket holders (aged 11 and over) from the UK will either be required to provide proof of a NHS negative lateral flow test [OR] proof of full vaccination to attend the event. Please refer to the FAQ’s for detailed information. Please note: vaccine cards are not accepted as proof of vaccination.
02. The most effective acceptable means of providing the proof is via the NHS app (separate to the NHS Test & Trace app see FAQs for more info.
03. Ticket holders aged 18 and over may be asked to provide proof of valid photo ID.
04. You must not attend site if you are feeling unwell or experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19 (e.g. a high temperature; a new, continuous cough; a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste) or if anybody in your household is displaying COVID-19 symptoms, or if you are otherwise self-isolating or if you receive a positive result to your lateral flow test.
05. Ticket holders using lateral flow tests are responsible for ensuring they have sufficient number of tests available to test and report results every 48 hours. Particularly important for those staying in campsites or in the local area for the full event weekend.
06. Anyone developing Covid-19 symptoms while at the event will need to leave the venue immediately, return home and start self-isolating immediately.
07. If you or someone attending with you, are identified as a close contact prior to or while attending the event you will be required to leave immediately and return to your home address in order to complete your period of self-isolation and continue to follow advice from Test and Trace.
08. Allow additional time for your arrival at the event to go through all entry checks (health, identity, tickets, security checks etc.)
09. Please download the NHS Test and Trace app and scan the QR codes when entering any grandstand or general admission viewing or hospitality areas.
10. Maintain good hand hygiene. Use the hand sanitisers provided and avoid touching your face or unnecessary surfaces where possible.
11. Please observe good respiratory etiquette. Always cover your mouth if needing to cough or sneeze.
12. Please follow all safety instructions from stewards, staff, information signage and announcements.
13. If using public transport or our park and ride service, you should regularly sanitise your hands and wear a face covering. It is a legal requirement that, unless exempt (in which case you should carry proof of exemption), you must wear a face covering on public transport and inside transport hubs, e.g. train stations.
14. If travelling by car, you should avoid sharing a car with anyone outside of your household or support bubble. If this isn’t possible, you should open the windows, wear a face covering unless exempt and leave seats free to social distance.
15. Ensure paths and walking routes are kept clear at all times.
16. Access to Paddock areas, facilities and operational areas may be restricted to maintain safe working practices for those involved in the operational delivery of the Event. Please refer to the entertainment map.
Exiting the event
17. At the end of the Event day the mass exiting of those attending requires the implementation of a variety of safety measures. This may include certain areas including grandstands or zones being cleared in a controlled manner. You may be asked to wait for a time prior to exiting or leaving an area.
18. Please follow all instructions given by the public address system, signage or by stewards and staff.
19. The areas outside of the Circuit boundary, Silverstone Interactive Museum and the Silverstone Golf Club are still operating under current step 3 COVID-19 government guidance and relevant protocols need to be followed at all times. Including the wearing of face coverings and social distance as necessary.
20. All ticket purchasing details will be kept for the purpose of supporting any required test & trace requirements.
This Code of Conduct has been implemented for the safety, security and welfare of all those attending. Failure to comply with this Code of Conduct is considered to be a breach of entry conditions and may make you liable to be asked to leave the Venue without redress.
We hope you enjoy your day. Thank you for looking out for each other.