2024 British Grand Prix MotoGP™
Terms and Conditions
IMPORTANT! THE TICKET FOR THE RELEVANT DAY MUST BE PRESENTED TO GAIN EVENT ENTRY. ENTRY WILL BE DENIED SHOULD THE TICKET NOT BE PRESENTED. TICKETS TO THE EVENT ARE STRICTLY NOT FOR RESALE.
The purchase of a ticket by the purchaser ("Purchaser" or "Ticket Holder") to gain entry to the Silverstone motor racing venue (the “Venue”) for the 2024 British round of the FIM Road Racing World Championship (the “Event”) constitutes acceptance of the following terms and conditions including the Event code of conduct (“Code of Conduct”) pursuant to which Silverstone Circuits Limited (“SCL”) is prepared to grant entry to the Venue and the Event. The Event is promoted by SCL in conjunction with Dorna Sports S.L (“Dorna”).
BREACH OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS MAY RESULT IN ALL TICKETS PURCHASED BY THE TICKET PURCHASER OR HELD BY A TICKET HOLDER BEING CANCELLED WITHOUT REFUND, ENTRY TO THE VENUE BEING REFUSED AND/OR EJECTION FROM THE VENUE (IF ENTRY HAS ALREADY BEEN GRANTED); ANY SUCH ACTION SHALL BE AT SCL’S SOLE DISCRETION.
1. The ticket is purchased for the Event and for those areas of the Event and the Venue which are specified. The date of the Event and/or the support programme may be subject to change by Dorna, The Fédération Internationale de Motocyclisme (“FIM”) and/or SCL, in which instance SCL will have no obligation to refund monies or exchange the ticket. Ticket Holders agree that should the date of the Event alter, their ticket(s) will be issued for the altered date(s) of the Event in which case SCL shall have no obligation to refund monies or exchange the ticket. The ticket shall remain at all time the property of SCL which has the right to recall the ticket at any time on reasonable grounds. SCL is unable to offer refunds or exchanges in respect of tickets purchased unless the Event is cancelled due to any circumstance(s) for which SCL is covered by its relevant insurance cover. To clarify, due to the nature of the Event, there is no right to cancel any ticket purchased for the Event either under the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 or otherwise. SCL’s refund policy can be found here. SCL will not issue refunds in any other circumstances.
2. Tickets are not transferable to other events and are strictly not to be offered for resale except via the official Silverstone ticket resale platform (if any). Tickets must be purchased from SCL or an official authorised ticket agency. Our authorised ticket agents can be found here. No ticket for the Event shall be sold or offered for sale for any form of fee or reward or used in promotions (except through the official Silverstone ticket resale platform, if any) without the prior written consent of SCL and Dorna first being obtained and without complying with these terms and conditions in all respects. Tickets must only be used for personal or private use. No ticket for the Event shall be used by any person for advertising, promotional or commercial purposes including without limitation, prizes, competitions, contests or sweepstakes without the prior written consent of SCL and Dorna first being obtained.
3. If a ticket is purchased from an unauthorised seller, resold or transferred for profit or for commercial benefit or gain (including as part of a promotion or prize) or as part of any hospitality package or similar arrangement by anyone without SCL and Dorna authority, it is at the purchaser’s sole risk. The ticket will become void, and the Ticket Holder may be refused entry to, or ejected from, the Event and/or the Venue. The Ticket Holder will not be entitled to any refund and no compensation will be obtained for a voided ticket. Ticket Holders agree to fully compensate SCL and Dorna, and each of their affiliates, for all costs and expenses (including reasonable legal expenses) incurred as a direct result of all and any claims howsoever arising from any third parties as a result of the contravention of this condition.
4. Tickets will be issued electronically via a digital app (as “Mobile Tickets”), with a secure barcode bespoke for each ticket. Please ensure each individual seeking to enter the Venue has suitable access to the app before attempting to enter the Venue. Paper-copy tickets or PDFs/E-tickets will not be issued by SCL. Any attempt to present any ticket other than authorised Mobile Tickets issued by SCL will lead to refusal of admission and possible prosecution. Unauthorised vendors will be prosecuted.
5. If booking more than one ticket, the Ticket Purchaser is entitled to send ticket(s) that they have purchased to other individuals (“Guests”). A single ticket can only be transferred a maximum of 4 times. SCL restricts the transfer of tickets for reasons including: (i) Event security; (ii) consumer protection; (iii) avoidance of counterfeit tickets; and (iv) protection of a fair pricing scheme.
6. SCL reserves the right to alter seat allocations (if any) without prior notice. If this is necessary for any reason, SCL will reimburse any reduction in value between the original and altered seat allocation. Tickets that include a roving grandstand seat during the Event do not guarantee access to any particular grandstand (unless it is a Roving Plus Grandstand ticket) or seat allocation and are subject to seat availability. Reserved seats are allocated Friday – Sunday for Fan Grandstands and Saturday – Sunday for all other Reserved Grandstands unless stated otherwise on the product purchased.
7. Child tickets are for children under the age of 16 at the time of the Event. SCL reserves the right to require photographic evidence of proof of age.
8. Children using a child ticket must be accompanied, and supervised at all times, by a full paying adult. Each full paying adult may bring up to a maximum of two children. Each child ticket must have the identical status to that of the ticket presented by the accompanying adult.
9. A Ticket Holder must be able to demonstrate, to the satisfaction of SCL, that they are validly entitled to use the respective ticket (for example, by suitably verifying their identity). If the Ticket Holder is not able to demonstrate their entitlement to use a ticket, they may be refused entry and the ticket may be cancelled.
10. An individual or organisation is not permitted to purchase in excess of 10 admission tickets for the Event. SCL reserves the right to cancel any and all tickets where it is deemed that an individual or organisation has attempted to purchase in excess of 10 admission tickets. A Ticket Holder must be able to demonstrate, to the satisfaction of SCL, that they are validly entitled to use the respective ticket (for example, by suitably verifying their identity). If the Ticket Holder is not able to demonstrate their entitlement to use a ticket, they may be refused entry and the ticket may be cancelled.
11. SCL reserves the right to make amendments to these terms and conditions from time to time where it has a valid reason to do so (including, without limitation, a change in the security or public safety requirements of the Venue). A full copy of the latest version of the terms and conditions (as amended, if appropriate) will be available at www.silverstone.co.uk. If any changes materially affect a Ticket Purchaser’s rights as a consumer, SCL shall notify each Ticket Purchaser of such changes via email to the email address provided when purchasing tickets.
12. SCL reserves the right to refuse admission and to remove persons from the Venue who do not comply with these terms and conditions, the Code of Conduct and the Venue’s rules, regulations and guidelines and/or those who (in the opinion of SCL) represents a security risk, nuisance or annoyance to the staging of the Event or who have in their possession prohibited items, which shall include but not be limited to:
• Bags over 20 litre capacity
• Glass bottles and glass containers
• Restricted and illegal substances
• Offensive weapons
• Items that are deemed dangerous, offensive or unsuitable
• Drones or remote-controlled aircraft
• Step ladders or any similar item which may obstruct another attendees’ view
• Fireworks / pyrotechnics / flares
• Any items which might be subject to ambush marketing
• Smoke canisters
• Tents and shelters
• Four-wheeled carry carts (doesn’t include those used to carry children, but must be empty at the gate)
• Powered scooters (excluding disability scooters) / hover boards
• Electric cycles
• Sun parasols
• Any item, which in the opinion of Silverstone Circuits Ltd, may be used for the purpose of protest within the venue, including, but not limited to, flags, clothing, or any other item for the purpose of locking on
• Ticket Holders shall not be permitted to enter the Venue in any fancy dress or clothing that in the opinion of SCL is not appropriate for the Event or to be worn or taken into the Venue.
• Visitors are permitted to bring a reasonable amount of alcohol into the Venue for personal consumption. This is limited to 4 cans of wine, 6 cans of beer (500ml) or 6 cans of premixed aperitifs per person. Bottles of spirits or fortified wines will not be allowed into the Venue. Subject to change.
13. SCL has a responsibility to protect all attendees at events run at its Venue. By entering the Venue, each Ticket Holder is entering private property operated by SCL and accordingly we prohibit the right to protest within our Venue (whether peaceful or not) to safeguard the operation of the Event and to prevent risk to attendees.
14. Ticket Holders are reminded that entry to restricted areas of the Venue, including but not limited to the track, is strictly prohibited and any such entry could constitute a criminal offence. SCL work closely with authorities to support the prosecution of criminal offences committee at the Venue.
15. SCL reserves the right to conduct security searches of persons and their belongings to ensure the safety of persons at the Event and their compliance with these terms and conditions.
16. SCL further reserves the right to request that Ticket Holders leave the Venue at any time for safety reasons or immediately after the Event.
17. Passes out of the Venue and re-admissions to the Venue shall be granted at SCL’s discretion. Re-admission shall only be possible if Mobile Tickets have been scanned on departure and then scanned again upon re-entry. There shall be no admission or re-admission after the end of the Event.
18. Smoking and vaping are strictly prohibited in any of the Venue’s grandstands and enclosed areas.
19. No animals (excluding assistance dogs) will be admitted to the Venue or any car parks. All registered assistance dogs are welcome. However, before arrival please email us on [email protected] so that the necessary arrangements can be made.
20. While at the Venue, Ticket Holders should always keep to the designated paths and access all freestanding banked viewing areas with caution using steps/path as appropriate.
21. The use of drones or similar equipment, for any reason, is prohibited on or near the Event.
22. Official merchandising is only on sale inside the Venue. No unauthorised trading is permitted within the Venue or any official car parking site or any location operated by SCL.
23. Only vehicles that have purchased official circuit parking and have registered their vehicle registration plate in advance will be permitted to park in the official car parks in and around the Venue. Failure to purchase official circuit parking and register vehicle registration with SCL will result in a civil parking notice.
25. CCTV and film cameras are present at the Venue, this includes filming by the police or security team carried out for the security of visitors, and filming and/or photography authorised by Dorna. By purchasing a ticket to the Event and/or attending the Venue each Ticket Holder gives their express consent to all such filming and to their actual or simulated likeness being included within any film, photograph, audio and/or audio visual recording (“Footage”), all rights in which will be owned by Dorna (of by any party authorised by Dorna from time to time). Each Ticket Holder also agrees that any such Footage may be used by Dorna (and by any third party authorised by Dorna from time to time) in any and all media for any purpose at any time throughout the world, including (with the exception of CCTV or security Footage) for commercial purposes, such as merchandising or DVDs, without payment or compensation. If a Ticket Holder wishes to withdraw such consent please contact the SCL Data Protection Officer here.
26. Ticket Holders must not make, create, store, record or transmit any kind of sound recording, visual footage or audio-visual footage (“Recording”), or store, record or transmit any information or other data, including official timing, results, performance, telemetry, weather or race control data (“Data”) of, at or in relation to the Event. It is forbidden to take into the Venue any equipment that may enable a Ticket Holder to do so. Personal electronic devices (including still image cameras, mobile telephones and other personal communications devices) are permitted within the Venue, unless otherwise advised, provided that any Recording, Data and any image, including photographic images, and any still pictures derived or capable of being derived from a Recording (”Image”) of the Event that is recorded, stored and/or created on a device is used solely for personal and private, non-commercial purposes (i.e. not for the generation of any revenue or income or commercial benefit).
27. As a condition of entry to the Event each Ticket Holder (for the purposes of this Condition, “you”) agree that:
(a) the use of any such Recording, Data or Image, for any form of public advertisement or display, or for profit or commercial gain or for any other purposes including without limit for display on any internet site (except the private enjoyment of the person making or storing the Recording, Data or Image) without the prior written consent of Dorna is strictly forbidden and will constitute a breach of these terms and conditions for which you may be liable;
(b) on request by SCL or Dorna you shall assign to Dorna in writing the copyright and all other intellectual property in any Image or Recording you create, make, store or record of, at, or in relation to the Event;
(c) you consent to the use by Dorna (and by any third party authorised by Dorna from time to time) for the purposes of or in connection with any publication, exhibition or broadcast (including any advertising or promotional literature, campaign or material) in any media worldwide, in perpetuity and on a royalty-free basis, and approved by Dorna of any still or moving picture images taken at the Event where such image includes any image of you, your voice or your likeness and you waive any and all of your personality and privacy rights to the extent necessary to permit such use; and
(d) transfer any profits made on such a Recording, Data or Image to Dorna or SCL as requested.
28. No person may use the name of the Event or part thereof (nor any abbreviation or foreign language version thereof) nor any logo or graphic device of or relating to the Event for any commercial purpose whatsoever without the prior written consent of SCL and Dorna first being obtained, exercisable in SCL and Dorna’s discretion.
29. The MOTOGP™ logo, 2024 British round of the FIM Road Racing World Championship and related marks are trademarks of Dorna. SCL is the sole owner of the Venue Logos and all copyright, trade marks (whether registered or unregistered) and other intellectual property rights and goodwill associated with the Venue are owned by SCL. All rights reserved. 30. During the Event the noise level may be very loud within the Venue. In particular Ticket Holders are advised to wear hearing protection during races and live concerts (if any) to reduce the risk of hearing damage.
30. During the Event the noise level may be very loud within the Venue. In particular Ticket Holders are advised to wear hearing protection during races and live concerts (if any) to reduce the risk of hearing damage.
31. MOTOR RACING IS DANGEROUS AND NOISY AND TICKET HOLDERS ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THEY MAY BE EXPOSED TO POSSIBLE RISK OF PHYSICAL HARM DUE TO THE NATURE OF THE EVENT. SCL, THE SANCTIONING BODIES (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO FIM,DORNA AND ITS AFFILIATES, THE INTERNATIONAL ROAD RACING TEAMS ASSOCIATION, THE ORGANISERS OF THE EVENT (INCLUDING OFFICIALS, MARSHALS, RESCUE AND MEDICAL STAFF), COMPETITORS AND RIDERS, (SUCH PARTIES TO INCLUDE WHERE RELEVANT ALL DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, CONTRACTORS AND AFFILIATED COMPANIES) SHALL, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, NOT LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS, INJURY OR DAMAGE ("LOSS"), HOWSOEVER CAUSED, TO: - ANY TICKET HOLDERS (EXCEPT WHERE AND ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT ANY SUCH LOSS IS CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF SCL, ITS EMPLOYEES OR AUTHORISED AGENTS); OR - ANY TICKET HOLDER PROPERTY.
32. NOTHING IN THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SEEKS TO EXCLUDE OR LIMIT THE LIABILITY OF ANY PARTY IN RESPECT OF DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY CAUSED BY ITS NEGLIGENCE OR ANY OTHER LIABILITY WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED AT LAW. THE EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY IN THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ARE FOR THE BENEFIT OF ALL PARTIES NAMED IN CLAUSE 28 AND CAN BE DIRECTLY ENFORCED BY THEM.
33. SCL shall not be liable for any delay in performing its obligations as a result of any act, event, omission or accident beyond the reasonable control of SCL including without limitation, pandemic, epidemic, outbreak, disease, quarantine, public order disturbance, flood, storm, adverse weather condition, natural event, fire, strike, lock-out or other industrial dispute, nuclear accident, act of God, war, terrorist activity, riot, civil commotion, malicious damage, act of government, compliance with any change to law, statutory guidance, non-statutory guidance, rule, regulation and/or direction, accident, breakdown of plant or machinery, non-performance by suppliers or subcontractors (other than by companies in the same group as SCL) and interruption or failure of utility or service.
34. SCL reserves the right to impose and/or update such health restrictions, warnings or guidance at any time as a condition of admittance to, and/or in relation to behaviour at, the Venue as SCL considers appropriate, taking in account current circumstances at that time or in response to any guidance or requirements issued by the Government, Public Health England, any other governmental, judicial or regulatory authority or issued by any rights holder or governing body. Any requirements, changes or updates will be communicated via the SCL website, email or notices at the Venue.
35. SCL reserves the right to make amendments to these terms and conditions from time to time where it has a valid reason to do so (including, without limitation, a change in the security or public safety requirements of the Venue). A full copy of the latest version of the terms and conditions is available at www.silverstone.co.uk. If any changes materially affect a Ticket Purchaser’s rights as a consumer, SCL shall notify each Ticket Purchaser of such changes via email to the email address provided when purchasing tickets.
36. Silverstone Circuits Limited (Company registration no. 882843) registered office is at Silverstone Circuit, Northamptonshire NN12 8TN. British Grand Prix Limited (Company registration no. 00926634) is not affiliated to SCL in any way.
37. These terms and conditions are governed by English law and the parties shall submit non-exclusively to the Courts of England. All statutory rights are not affected.
2024 BRITISH GRAND PRIX MOTOGP™ TERMS AND CONDITIONS– OFFICIAL CIRCUIT PARKING TICKET TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. All vehicles (and their contents) parked within any car park operated by SCL are left at the sole risk of the owner. SCL shall not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by owners arising from their use of any official SCL car park (including damage to owners’ vehicles and/or their contents), except where and only to the extent that any such loss or damage is caused by the negligence of SCL, its employees or authorised agents. SCL reserves the right to move any vehicle it deems necessary due to logistical, safety or similar reasons.
2. It is a condition of admission to the Venue and any official SCL car parks that no animals are allowed within such areas, with the exception of registered assistance dogs whose attendance has been approved by SCL prior to the Event, and owners acknowledge that SCL personnel or their appointed contractor shall be entitled to enter any vehicle by whatever means necessary at the owner’s cost in the event that any animal has been left within a vehicle.
3. SCL parking passes or any tickets for official transportation purchased via SCL is strictly not for resale and remains at all times the property of SCL. Services are provided on the express condition that the holder is bound by these terms and conditions. Official SCL circuit parking or park and ride allows owners to enter the designated SCL car park or park and ride sites to park their vehicles only and not for any other purpose (including, without limitation, to conduct any trade or exhibition, to sell any goods, food or beverage or to camp). Official SCL circuit parking or park and ride services are valid for the day indicated only, which may be subject to change in the event of any alteration to previously published timetables.
4. Owners and passengers alike must at all times act responsibly and with due regard to safety whilst in any official SCL car park (either on foot or whilst driving). SCL reserves the right to refuse admission and/or eject any person(s) found in breach of these terms and conditions or the terms and conditions of entry to Silverstone Circuit. SCL reserves the right to relocate those who have purchased official SCL circuit parking or park and ride to an alternative official SCL car park / park and ride location in the event that the designated area is unavailable. SCL shall not be liable for any loss or damage caused in the event that any official SCL car park or park and ride site is unavailable due to reasons beyond SCL’s control.
5. The passes and route directions for any coach transfers will be sent to the email address details provided at time of booking.
6. These terms and conditions are governed by English law and the parties shall submit non-exclusively to the Courts of England.