Racing Heritage in its Element
McLaren’s Race Car for the Road takes it all to another level. 610bhp under your right foot, 200mph top speed, and a 0-60mph time of 2.8 seconds. All on the track at the home of the British Grand Prix.
Built on the framework of McLaren's most successful GT race car, the 570S GT4, the 620R is a true track monster and the fastest car in the Drive Silverstone line-up.
Lightweight construction, an immensely powerful 610bhp engine, and other-worldly acceleration, the 620R may be built for the road, but it feels at home on the track.
A car with this much motorsport heritage needs space to stretch its legs, so leave speed restrictions to the road and push the McLaren 620R to the max around Silverstone's famous circuit.
We apologise in advance - driving won't feel the same after this.
Expect to drive at the top of the rev range around Silverstone. With a pro instructor on board to train you in seriously fast track driving, you'll be pushing the McLaren 620R to the limit in no time.
No speed restrictions, eight laps, and this much power at your disposal, you'll eat up the tarmac and create your very own Silverstone moment on this historic circuit.
What you need to know
Here's what you can look forward to:
Drive at the Home of British Motorsport and Formula 1 steeped in driving history. You’ll be surrounded by professional instructors in a world class location, we’ve thought of everything to ensure an unforgettable experience.
- The only fully inclusive experience in the UK. Accident Damage Indemnity is included in the price, so there are no hidden costs to pay on the day
- Expect to be at Silverstone for approximately 2 hours for this experience
- A full safety briefing and instruction delivered by an ARDs instructor
- Two Demonstration laps in our BMW Course Car
- Driving Session 1: 4 laps/8 miles approx, driving the McLaren 620R
- Driving Session 2: 4 laps/8 miles approx, driving the McLaren 620R
- Debrief at the end of the experience delivered by an ARDS professional instructor
- The Memory Maker package of professional photos and video footage for an extra fee
Let's make sure you're good to go:
- Age: 21 or over
- Height: 5ft 2 ins – 6ft 6ins (157-198cm)
- Maximum weight: 18 stone (approx. 114,3kg)
- You must wear a long sleeved top/jumper, long trousers and comfortable shoes/trainers (but never flip flops)
- You need to have held a full UK manual driving licence for at least three years which must be presented on the day
- We’ll accept your international full manual licence/permit only if you can communicate well in English
Lead the race from start to finish on this 1.85-mile fast and technically challenging circuit with it's combination of high speed corners and straights. Also used by Formula 1.