The health and safety of our team, customers and clients is our priority and we have put in place a robust re-opening policy to operate as safely as possible. CLICK HERE to view a guide to the new measures we’re taking, or visit the FAQ’s at the bottom of this page for detailed advice, please read this advice before booking or attending a Test Day.
|Tuesday 22nd September|
|5 x 30 mins||Closed Wheel inc Sports prototypes||National||£279|
|5 x 30 mins||Open Wheel – Single Seater||National||£279|
|2 x 30 mins||Junior Closed Wheel||National||£108|
|Friday 25th September|
|*PLEASE BE ADVISED THIS SESSION IS AVAILABLE FOR BRITISH TOURING CAR CHAMPIONSHIP TEAMS ONLY*|
|1 x 30 mins||BTCC Teams System Check||National||£130|
|Friday 2nd October|
Open Pit Lane
|Closed Wheel inc Sports Prototypes- Open Pit Lane||National||£385|
|Friday 9th October|
|5 x 30 mins||Closed Wheel inc Sports Prototypes||International||£269|
|2 x 30 mins||Junior Closed Wheel||International||£108|
|2 x 30 mins||Open Wheel – Single Seater||International||£108|
|Friday 16th October|
|6 x 30 mins||Closed Wheel – Pre 1984 Only||National||
|6 x 30 mins||Open Wheel – Pre 1984 Historic Cars only||National||
|Friday 23rd October|
|Open Pit Lane||Closed Wheel inc Sports Prototypes –Open Pit Lane||Grand Prix||£429|
|Tuesday 27th October|
|GT Test Day||(Garage Included)|
|Open Pit Lane||GT Test – British + International Competitors (Max 25 cars)||Grand Prix||£2,173|
|Wednesday 28th October|
|Prior to Walter Hayes Trophy|
|Open Pit Lane||Open Wheel – Formula Fords||National||£459|
|Friday 6th November|
|Prior to British GT|
|4 x 30 mins||Closed Wheel- inc Sports Prototypes||Grand Prix||£369 (No Garages Available)|
|2 x 35 mins||Open Wheel -Single Seater||Grand Prix||£199 (No Garages Available)|
|Friday 13th November|
|Prior to 750MC|
|4 x 30 mins||Closed Wheel- inc Sports Prototypes||National||£259|
|4 x 30 mins||Open Wheel -Single Seater||National||£259|
For more information, speak to the team on 0344 3728 235.
SILVERSTONE GENERAL TESTING DAYS:
For information on regulations, noise limits and our terms please view our FAQs.
*Vehicle restrictions and charges apply.
The circuit reserves the right to: session any day, move any machine from one session to another or cancel any Test Day. We will endeavour to give as much notice as possible, but this cannot be guaranteed.
In *Open Wheel Sessions – Sports Prototypes may be included.
Additional drivers & garages must be booked over the phone via: 0344 3728 235
For information on regulations, noise limits and our terms please view our FAQs tab.
If you are filming on the day, please download and complete the following In-car Camera Indemnity Form.
Offer prices cannot be used in conjunction with any ongoing offers, promotions or discounts.
Important Information: Please note that you agree to our Terms and Conditions when booking. Please read our cancellation Terms before booking.
Dates are provisional and are subject to change.
The health and safety of our team, customers and clients is our priority and we have put in place a robust re-opening policy to operate as safely as possible. Click Here to view a guide to the new measures we’re taking, or visit the FAQ’s at the bottom of this page for detailed advice, please read this advice before booking or attending a Test Day.
Prior to your departure to the venue please consider the following;
- If you are experiencing any of the following symptoms; a new persistent cough, a high temperature, a loss of sense of taste or smell you should not attend the venue, and you must following Public Health England advice.
- You must not attend the venue if you have at any time in the past 3 weeks knowingly been in contact with anyone who currently has or has had at any time during the past 3 weeks any symptoms relating to Coronavirus, except as a healthcare professional.
- Do you live in an area in Local Lockdown as advised by Public Health England, if so travelling for leisure activities is not permitted therefore you should not attend the venue.
If you are unable to attend for the above reasons you must:
- Send an email to Testing@silverstone.co.ukas soon as you are aware.
- Notifications must reach us by 8.30am on the day of your booked Test Day. Non-notification will be treated as a no show and no refund and/or reschedule will be permitted
- Please arrange a COVID-19 swab test, sending the test results within 7 days. We will then be able to re schedule your Test Day, Rebooked Test Days must be taken within 3 months from the date of your original Test Day.
- All pre-event registration is now completed online, in advance. You will be sent links by email to the online Indemnity Form, which must be completed prior to your event
- On arrival, participants will be required to collect and apply their own wristband, where applicable. You must observe social distancing rules and there will be a queuing system in place to support this
- A member of staff will be present in the wristband collection area, behind a Perspex safety screen, to visually check licences and deal with any issues and queries
- Hand sanitiser will be widely available
GARAGES & PADDOCK AREAS
- On car test days, access will be restricted to one car and four people per single garage
- Garages will remain fully open at all times (to the front and rear)
- Additional space in the paddock will be made available to assist with venue-wide social distancing measures
FOOD AND DRINK
- Our restaurants will be offering a takeaway service with a limited hot food menu, and safety measures such as a one-way system in place
- All customers are welcome to bring their own food and drink
- Only participants and their essential helpers may attend a Track or Test day. No-one else, including spectating friends or family members, will be permitted. Essential helpers must be aged over 16
- On Track days up to two additional drivers (three on Test days) are permitted however the vehicle must be wiped clean prior to each swap over. Each driver must travel to the venue separately, unless they are from the same household
- Access to Race Control will be restricted to essential staff only
- Under current guidelines, overnight stays are not permitted
- All payments are to be made by credit or debit card, we are currently unable to accept cash payments
- Helmet Hire will be available, all of our helmets go through a strict cleansing process between each use
- Passengers will be permitted in the vehicle, if all those in the vehicle are wearing a balaclava and full faced helmet face masks will not be required. Where this is not the case a face mask must be worn. All vehicle touch points must be sanitised between each passenger.
- In car tuition will be available on our Car Track Days, where balaclavas and full faced helmets are used a face mask will not be required. Where this is not the case a face mask must be worn.
What are your payment terms?
Payment is taken by credit card at the time of booking. In the event of a cancellation, a refund will only be given if more than 14 days’ written notice is received (e.g., if your test day is the 20th, notification must be received no later than 17.30hrs on the 5th).
In the event of a cancellation less than 14 days before the test, NO refund or transfer will be issued.
Please email email@example.com for any cancellations.
Should your car breakdown on the day before or during the event day, unfortunately, no refund or transfer will be issued.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
You will receive an email confirmation of your purchase at the time of booking.
Joining instructions will then be emailed to you approximately 7 days prior to the test day and this will include garage allocation (if you have booked one), session times and further information.
I am 15 years old can I Test?
All drivers participating in testing must be at least 16 years of age. (Where a championship allows under 16’s to compete, call SCL for more details.) Any drivers under 18 years must have their indemnity form signed by a guardian or a letter signed by the guardian confirming a team manager can act as a guardian must be supplied at sign on.
What are the noise restrictions?
Noise limits will be applied in accordance with our circuit regulations as follows:
- National Circuit – 105dB on a static test and 102dB on a drive-by test.
- Grand Prix Circuit – will be in compliance with MSA championship regulations relevant to the vehicle being tested, maximum limit 108dB static test and 105dB on a drive by test, if in doubt please call.
Please see Section (J) Common Regulations for Competitors : Vehicles – Appendix 1 Chart 5.18: Maximum Noise Limits
Drive by limits will be 3dB less than those levels stipulated in the ‘Blue Book’ Offending vehicles will not be allowed to continue testing.
Should your vehicle fail the static or the drive by noise test and you are excluded from further participation, you will not receive a refund.
If you believe that your vehicle may exceed the above limits then please request a noise test prior to going out on circuit. For the avoidance of doubt measurements are taken at 0.5m at a 45 degree angle with engine running at ¾ maximum revs. There are 3 noise meters located around the circuit which will measure your drive-by noise limit. No racing engines may be run before 08:30hrs or after 17:30hrs.
Do you sell fuel and if so which type? Where can I refuel?
Fuel Station opening times (adjacent to the Heritage Pit and Paddock) are: 08:30 – 17:00. Race Days 8.00 – 17-00. The Fuel Station supplies Gulf Super unleaded (97octane), Gulf Super 102 (102 octane). Gulf diesel.
You must refuel in the garages and paddock but not in the pit lane.
Can I book a garage?
Available on request at a cost of £65 Inc VAT. Please call 0344 3728 235 to enquire regarding garage availability.
Can I take photographs or film?
You agree to use images and footage responsibly. Any images taken at the event should be strictly for personal use only and not used for any commercial purposes, including on board cameras. If such images include imagery of an accident you must make such images/footage available to Silverstone Circuits Limited and agree not to post such images/footage on social media sites including but not limited to YouTube and Facebook.