Kidney Research UK
1. Silverstone Festival is an event that will take place on (25 – 27 August 2023) and the event’s Fun Run is organised by Silverstone Circuits Ltd whose address is Silverstone Circuit, Towcester, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom, NN12 8TN.
2. Kidney Research UK is a registered charity (Charity No. 252892, Scottish Registration No. SC039245).
3. The Fun Run at Silverstone Festival is held in support of Kidney Research UK. A minimum donation of £10 should be made to the charity by each participant.
4. The Fun Run is a single lap of the track (a little over 5K), which will be taking place on Friday 25th August as an integral part of Silverstone Festival.
5. The Fun Run will start upon the direction of race control, after the last grid of the day has qualified on track. This is likely to be 19:15.
6. The Fun Run is open to those aged 10 and above. Children aged 10-15 must be accompanied at all times while on track by a responsible adult.
7. Parents/guardians must sign a disclaimer form for all children aged 10 – 17.
8. It is an event for runners and each runner should be capable of completing the distance within one hour. We ask that walkers do not take part in this event. Wheelchair users who wish to enquire about wheelchair participation should email the organisers at: [email protected].
9. All runners must ensure they are wearing appropriate clothing and footwear.
10. To be eligible to take part in the Fun Run, each participant shall:
a. Hold a valid ticket to gain admission to Silverstone Festival on Friday 25 August; and
b. Register to take part. Registrations are possible online until 17:00 on Friday 18 August. After this time, registrations are possible in person at the event at the Kidney Research UK stand (on the Village Green before 17:00 on Friday 25 August); and
c. Make a donation of £10 to Kidney Research UK as part of the registration process; and
d. Complete and sign a disclaimer form on the day of the event (or where under the age of 18, this shall be completed by a parent or guardian) and collect a wristband at the Kidney Research UK stand on the Village Green on Friday 25 August prior to 17:00; and
e. Wear the wristband provided by Kidney Research UK for the Fun Run in order to be permitted access to the track at the start of the Run.
f. Arrive at the National Paddock assembly area by 19:00.
11. A tail runner will be in full contact with race control throughout the Run and spotters in race control will be monitoring the Run and will advise the team on-the-ground of any issues they may identify.
12. Anyone arriving to take part in the Run after the tail runner has departed will not be permitted to take part.
13. Anyone thought to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be permitted to take part.
14. All runners must follow the directions of Silverstone Festival and the Kidney Research UK teams at all times.
15. The Fun Run cannot be guaranteed and is subject to the weather and track schedule. In the event that the Fun Run has to be cancelled, charity donations will not be refunded.
16. All runners choosing to participate do so entirely at their own risk and neither: Silverstone Circuits Limited; British Racing Drivers Club; the promoters of Silverstone Festival, Goose Live Events Limited; nor the event’s official charity, Kidney Research UK, will be liable for any loss, damage, action, claim, cost or expense which may be suffered or incurred as a result of taking part in this activity except where this is caused by the negligence of Silverstone Circuits Limited; the British Racing Drivers Club; Goose Live Events Limited; or Kidney Research UK.
17. These terms and conditions must be observed in parallel with the general event terms and conditions available here.